AR Newbie Registered Member

Receiver choice for the future

Let me preface this by saying I'm looking for something that will last me a good 5+ years and be very capable of doing the basics. (Not worried about video switching, multi zones, XM radio, etc.) I'm also looking for something priced under 800 or so, I'm hoping that will do for a receiver. Based on my pricing and some hookups I have to get a deal, I'm down to a couple receivers. I'm rebuilding everything around Paradigm speakers with a 5.1 setup and eventually 6.1/7.1 Here's the couple I'm torn between and I want some opinions on what the best bang for the buck will be. Shoot away and let me know what the people in the know think! THANKS

Yamaha HTR-5890 (Best Buy model, not sure what the RX-V equal is) RXV2500?
    Denon AVR-1906
    Denon AVR-2106
    Denon AVR-2805

Quote Originally Posted by olympia
    Let me preface this by saying I'm looking for something that will last me a good 5+ years and be very capable of doing the basics. (Not worried about video switching, multi zones, XM radio, etc.) I'm also looking for something priced under 800 or so, I'm hoping that will do for a receiver. Based on my pricing and some hookups I have to get a deal, I'm down to a couple receivers. I'm rebuilding everything around Paradigm speakers with a 5.1 setup and eventually 6.1/7.1 Here's the couple I'm torn between and I want some opinions on what the best bang for the buck will be. Shoot away and let me know what the people in the know think! THANKS

Yamaha HTR-5890 (Best Buy model, not sure what the RX-V equal is) RXV2500?
    Denon AVR-1906
    Denon AVR-2106
    Denon AVR-2805
    I got the 2805 but you might be able to get a 3805 for about the same price. You may want to throw Onkyo and HK into that line up as well. The Onkyo 702 is going for a little over $600 right now at CC. You may want to try Good Guys if you have one local. They're having a liquidation sale right now. I spoke to someone today and he told me prices would come down really low in about a month.

Thread Information