• 08-14-2005, 05:06 PM
    bad
    RCA model F32705 Tv lost sound,
    I like to know What RCA model F32705 Tv sound is circuit board or what.
    I lost sound so I wonder what I have to replace?
    (32 inches screen) home theater guide+gold
  • 08-15-2005, 04:49 AM
    edtyct
    Bad,

It's hard to know what's amiss without checking out the TV. It might be a simple board or component replacement, but maybe not. You should troubleshoot completely before having the TV opened up by a qualified repair person. Did you happen to change any of the settings, like turning off the internal speakers? Did you somehow lose connection with an external receiver? Are all of the TV's audio settings silent, or does the plain vanilla stereo still work? Did you mute the sound and forget about it? Don't laugh; stranger things have happened.
  • 08-16-2005, 02:53 PM
    bad
    I understand what it need to be check by tv repair. but can anyone tell me if this sound is circuit board or fuse or what??????????
    I went to close claution it work, but tried many different way to get control button get sound. I believe my sound is dead as rock........ :confused:
    also ;) I appreicated it for any help that tell me about sound system in this ole RCA TV....
    thank you...
    :cool:
    bad
  • 08-17-2005, 11:12 AM
    edtyct
    Here are a few more relevant questions, based on what you haven't made clear: If you run the sound of a DVD player through the TV, does it work? Or is it only the TV's internal tuner that fails to create sound? If the DVD player or an external tuner works but not the TV's own tuner, then the problem might be something as simple as bad soldering, which is not unknown on RCA's lower end. The complete absence of sound could indicate that the TV speakers have lost connection to the board. If you're committed to DIY, you could always obtain the circuit board from a parts supplier online. But make sure that you know what you're doing.
  • 08-17-2005, 12:10 PM
    markw
    If I recall correctly, there was a class acton lawsuit against RCA a few years ago.
    It seems the sound would go out on occasion. It did on my 2000 Proscan for a while but turning it off and on again cured it. IT did this maybe a dozen times or so and hasn't done this for over two years so far (knock wood).

Oh, they offered people a credit voucher that could be used only on another RCA/Thompson producet.. ike I'd go right out and buy another product from the same manufacturer. Kinds like the hair of the dog I guess.

I wonder if the lawyers who brought the suit got lotsa credit vouchers insteead of a nice, big check..

...still don't know what it was. You'll need a qualified tech to poke around inside. That sign that says there are no user servicable parts inside is pretty accurate. Now, in he days of tube TV's you might have a fighting chance, but no more.
  • 08-17-2005, 04:36 PM
    bad
    I just found out my sound is back working... Call a person , he said they said RCA TV does have problem when it lose sound. Something to do micro probe thing.. It is Electricity statric in air or certain tv stations. Now he told us to shut down the Tv. and unplug the power for 5 minutes or longer tRChen reconnect power plug... ( I did that and I got sound) The tv repair man said there so many calls about their RCA tv been doing that last week when it happened. We support to report what time , what station you watching and notify them soon as possible. I sure it something to do with RCA TV. they want know if all RCA TV been hitted this way....
    If you lose sound, unplug the power for 5 minutes or longer then replug the power again.... it brought sound again ..... thank you for all your support.... if you know someone has RCA tv... inform them what to do.....
    thank
    Bad