AR Newbie Registered Member

Panasonic SA-XR25 Audio Fading in/out and Garbled

I know this really isn't an audiophile quality receiver, but I'm trying to troubleshoot what's going on. We have the audio input going directly from our Qwest TV box into the receiver for R/L, and up until a few weeks ago, the sound quality was good. Now, some channels are OK, while others sound like garbage. The sound is all muddled except for the lound transition sounds, etc. (think Sportscenter highlights).

Anyway, DVD's still sound great, it's just the TV, but not all channels. And, it's not just from the Qwest TV signal. The over-air HDTV channels do the same freaking thing. Some are great while others aren't so great.

If I just have the R or the L audio plugged in, it sounds great, it only does this with both R/L audio channels plugged in.

QUESTION

Could it be that some channels have their audio encoded differently than others, and the decoder in the receiver could be having troubles with that type of encoding? I'm trying to figure anything out here... any help would be appreciated.

I'm going to swap it out with another receiver I've got stored in the garage just to see, but I thought I'd get your thoughts first. THANKS!

Here's a link to the receiver on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SA-X...793408-7381729

tough time trying to point the finger at what may be the problem since the problem is not consistant. You may have the answer to your problem by swtiching out the unit with another and see if the problem continues. After reading some of the reviews on Amazon, I would say you got one of the bad units with the same problem. Other than that, from the reviews you may have one of the best kept secerts in HT.
    Last edited by recoveryone; 12-21-2006 at 01:29 PM.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Do you think a ground loop isolator would work because i'm having the same problem.
    Last edited by spawn1980; 01-16-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Thread Information