Forum Regular

a question for Yamaha htr-5760 owners...

When in 5.1/7.1 direct input mode (for SACD playback, etc), what options remain operational on the receiver? I know that my older Sony when in multichannel input shut *everything* off except volume control. Does the speaker/YPAO management still remain in effect with the 5.1/7.1 input?

THanks,

ronning

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I'm fairly confident the delays and level settings (ie: saved YPAO parameters) remain intact. If this is your concern, you could easily test this by boosting the level to say the center channel while decreasing all the others manually, then using "direct mode" or whatever and see if the center channel is grossly exaggerated.

Forum Regular
    Sounds reasonable. I ask because i do not yet own this receiver but am considering it. I listen to hi-res audio which often requires delicate bass management / time delay management for multichannel, but this is difficult/limited/impossible with a lot of SACD players and seems redundant if Yamaha's own YPAO has down it automatically for DD/DTS surround sound.

Thanks,

ronning

Forum Regular

Answer

Quote Originally Posted by ronning
    When in 5.1/7.1 direct input mode (for SACD playback, etc), what options remain operational on the receiver? I know that my older Sony when in multichannel input shut *everything* off except volume control. Does the speaker/YPAO management still remain in effect with the 5.1/7.1 input?

THanks,

ronning
    No. When using the multichannel input all YPAO parameters are bypassed. No tone controls at all are applied when using the 5.1/7.1 input. The only adjustments that can be made are volume and level. There are very few receivers on the market that can apply bass management, speaker delay, and tone controls to the multichannel inputs. Music in, music out.

Thread Information