Forum Regular

Is anyone using...

the Radio Shack 6 component universal remote? The cost is around $60. I'd like to have one but for some reason, while I can stomach spending $2K on speaks, I have a problem spending $150 for a remote.

This multi remote thing is getting old.

Forum Regular
    I had one. It worked well for a long time. When I got my Yamaha RX-V1400, it couldn't do the macros that I wanted it to. So, I sold it on ebay and got a Pronto Neo for $52 off of ebay. More macro power than I would ever need. Plus anyone could pick it up and use my system - after extensive programming. With the radioshack kameleon, I had to have brother P-touch labels under the macro buttons to tell people what they were.

I believe my remote is similar in price and function. It is worth the money to me. Not only can I control the following: DVD, Sat, TV, VCR, and A/V receiver, it also has a learning function. This means I can assign any function from my five remotes to any key on this all in one.

In the past, I got cheaper remotes and sure enough there was some function that I needed and had to search for the original remote. Now, I have virtually every function learned and I never need the original remotes. Also, I have noted that the much better remotes actually transfer more of the functionality so there are fewer functions that need to be "learned".
    Friends help friends move,
    Good friends help friends move bodies....

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the responses, gents. By the way Mike, what remote are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by _Luke1_
    Thanks for the responses, gents. By the way Mike, what remote are you using?
    Sorry for the delay. Here is what I use: http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-RCA_RCU810
    Friends help friends move,
    Good friends help friends move bodies....

Thread Information