A question about Energy speakers?

I have a question. I'm sure everyone has their own opinions about speakers and audio equip. but any suggestions will be helpful. I've been a fan of HT for awhile but I'm just now starting to take it really seriously. A few months ago I upgraded my recv. to a Denon 2805 and DVD player to a Denon 2910. Wanting to also replace my speakers I decided to see whats out there. I'm used to names such as Sony, JBL, infinity and so on. The really common stuff. While searching I soon discovered dozens of companies I never heard of. There's not enough time on earth for me to research all these companies and listen to every brand out there so to make a long story short, after a very minimal time period I just threw in the towel and went with Energy. Good Guys had 50% off the C-9 towers so I got a pair for $650. I also got the C-C1 center for $249, 4 C-R1's for $109 ea. and the S12.3 Energy sub for $599. After taxes and ex. warranties my total spent was about $2300. I am happy the speakers but the "what if " ghost keeps haunting me. Does anyone have any feedback on Energy being an QUALITY all around speaker? Can I get similar sound and quality for less $$ or better quality for about the same price. $2500 is my limit for speakers. I know everyone is different and we have our own tastes but any feedback will be appreciated.

Energy makes very good, very competitive speakers. More importantly, as long as you like them that's all that matters. Other people's opinions are just that: opinions (and we all know what they say about "opinions").

Don't worry about it and enjoy the music!

Thanks for the feedback. It's funny how sometimes buying epuipment and listening to music and movies can become so complicated. I guess the complication the $$$$$$

Thread Information