• 08-09-2005, 12:53 PM
    L.J.
    A question about Energy speakers?
    I have a question. I'm sure everyone has their own opinions about speakers and audio equip. but any suggestions will be helpful. I've been a fan of HT for awhile but I'm just now starting to take it really seriously. A few months ago I upgraded my recv. to a Denon 2805 and DVD player to a Denon 2910. Wanting to also replace my speakers I decided to see whats out there. I'm used to names such as Sony, JBL, infinity and so on. The really common stuff. While searching I soon discovered dozens of companies I never heard of. There's not enough time on earth for me to research all these companies and listen to every brand out there so to make a long story short, after a very minimal time period I just threw in the towel and went with Energy. Good Guys had 50% off the C-9 towers so I got a pair for $650. I also got the C-C1 center for $249, 4 C-R1's for $109 ea. and the S12.3 Energy sub for $599. After taxes and ex. warranties my total spent was about $2300. I am happy the speakers but the "what if " ghost keeps haunting me. Does anyone have any feedback on Energy being an QUALITY all around speaker? Can I get similar sound and quality for less $$ or better quality for about the same price. $2500 is my limit for speakers. I know everyone is different and we have our own tastes but any feedback will be appreciated.
  • 08-09-2005, 04:59 PM
    topspeed
    Energy makes very good, very competitive speakers. More importantly, as long as you like them that's all that matters. Other people's opinions are just that: opinions (and we all know what they say about "opinions").

Don't worry about it and enjoy the music!
  • 08-09-2005, 05:11 PM
    L.J.
    Thanks for the feedback. It's funny how sometimes buying epuipment and listening to music and movies can become so complicated. I guess the complication the $$$$$$