Thread: Sony STR-DA2ES

AR Newbie Registered Member

Sony STR-DA2ES

I have a Sony STR-DA2ES reciever hooked up to my digital cable with an optical cable. My fronts are B&W 604's with a LCR 6 center channel and in-ceilings for the rears. My fronts are bi-amped through a Behringer A500. The first problem was I get a low hum through all of the speakers whenever I have it turned on. The big problem I have now is that every so often I will get a very loud "feedback" that sound like I'm watching static on the T.V.. It is so loud that it drowns out the voices on the T.V.. If I shut down the reciever it will work fine for a minute then back to the static. The last time this happened I switched the receiver to CD with the same result, loud static and voices cracking like a teenager going through puberty. I don't know much about this receiver because it was a hand me down from an friend. Is my problem with my reciever? I want to get the Denon AVR-3806 but I want to make sure that my problem is with my receiver before I drop the big nut. Please help

The fact that you get the same problem with different sources points to the receiver or an electrical feedback problem. I've read many threads where people reporting a hum turned out to be a ground loop problem. Now, I'm not an electrician, but again, it's most likely the receiver/electrical issue if all components produce the same problem sound.

Thread Information