Thread: Please help

AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Please help

I acquired a Marantz SR4200 from a friend who moved, he never hooked it up before he left. I would like to attempt it, but I cannot find the install instructions anywhere. Where do I begin? I am hoping it is well explained because I know nothing. There is a Samsung DVD-C601 and a JBL SUB135S also. can someone help an ignorant girl out??? pleease!
    Last edited by morem; 07-05-2004 at 08:06 PM.

Forum Regular
    well if you go into any audio store a salesmen would be more then happy to help you out.

if there are no cables you will need to buy them,

for starters you need to plug the digital output on the back of your dvd player into a digital input on the back of the marantz. "optical, or coax" whatever the dvd player is.

about the sub, you run a cable from the sub out on the back ont he marantz into the subs low level in, or line intput.

then just speaker wire from the speaker output jacks on the back of the marantz to the according speakers. "if you have them" ?

Uncooked gave you pretty good basic hookup advice but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Operating these new fangled receivers is a little more complex than simply turning it on, selecting a source and adjusting the volume. There's a lot of hidden fine points to deal with.

I'd strongly suggest you contact Marantz and order a user's manual. It will be worth a few bucks.

Thread Information