AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Plasma, Good 32"

Hi

I have just found ur site, looks god. I am building a media center pc and need a flat panel as the screen as it is in an odd shaped room. Im thinking of plasma bout 32". but i have no idea of what is good and what to look for. The room it will sit in is quite bright so i dont know how this will afect the screen.
    I just really looking for some opinions on what is good and bad and what to look for. nothing too exspensive.

Thank you

Glitch

only a newbie in name
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch
    Hi

I have just found ur site, looks god. I am building a media center pc and need a flat panel as the screen as it is in an odd shaped room. Im thinking of plasma bout 32". but i have no idea of what is good and what to look for. The room it will sit in is quite bright so i dont know how this will afect the screen.
    I just really looking for some opinions on what is good and bad and what to look for. nothing too exspensive.

Thank you

Glitch
    Sony's KE32TS2was the last 32" plasma I've seen but it is discontinued. You did mention that your room is quite bright so I might suggest an LCD. Sony and Sharp make some in the 32" range that deserve a look and they don't have the potential for burn-in nor do they suffer from the glare problems a plasma would have. Look at the KLV32M1 from Sony or the LC32GA5U from Sharp. Both are good sets and might solve your problem.
    Cheers

AR Newbie Registered Member
    sorry about this but i have found 2 tv's both at the same pice of £2,000 a Hitachi 32PD5300 and a DLP Sagem HD-D45

What do you think.

I no there is a big size diffence but if i get the big DLP it will be placed in a different spot, as the room is a thin rectangle to the tv could be at thin or the long side.

Glitch

Thread Information