Pissed at Comcast!

I currently have digital calbe TV with comsast and I just bought a 52" LCD TV. I called Comcast to upgrade to HD service and asked them if they supplied an HDMI cable with the HD cable box. They told me that the basic HD cable boxes in the St. Paul area use component out only and that if I want a cable box that uses HDMI, I would have to upgrade to the DVR for an extra $15.95 per month! Hell I'm already paying $69/month for digital cable and $43/month for internet. I told the comcast rep that I'm going to switch to Satellite so she gave me the DVR free for 6 months and lowered my internet fee to $29/month for a year! I guess it pays to complain sometimes. She also told me that the government asked comcast to allow customers to purchase their own HD boxes with a cable card which will become available at BestBuy here in the Twin cities in July. So I guess I'll be buying my own HD box.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    I currently have digital calbe TV with comsast and I just bought a 52" LCD TV. I called Comcast to upgrade to HD service and asked them if they supplied an HDMI cable with the HD cable box. They told me that the basic HD cable boxes in the St. Paul area use component out only and that if I want a cable box that uses HDMI, I would have to upgrade to the DVR for an extra $15.95 per month! Hell I'm already paying $69/month for digital cable and $43/month for internet. I told the comcast rep that I'm going to switch to Satellite so she gave me the DVR free for 6 months and lowered my internet fee to $29/month for a year! I guess it pays to complain sometimes. She also told me that the government asked comcast to allow customers to purchase their own HD boxes with a cable card which will become available at BestBuy here in the Twin cities in July. So I guess I'll be buying my own HD box.
    That rep just knows that a DVR is about as addictive as crack.
    After you get used to timeshifting, being able to record, pause, ff, reverse, etc HD tv you'll be hooked.
    My service used to be over 200 $ a month before I dropped my premium services,
    still in the 180$ range.
    And I'd sell blood to keep it going
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Thread Information