• 03-24-2004, 11:56 AM
    rileychris
    Pioneer Elite VSX-55 TXi, Denon 3805, or Yamaha 2400?
    I would love to hear some personal experiences that people have with any of these 3 receivers -- Pioneer Elite VSX-55 TXi, Denon 3805, or Yamaha 2400. Anyone hear these side by side? Do any of them have any capabilities that are deal makers?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
  • 03-25-2004, 08:16 PM
    oakley#36
    all three are good
    [QUOTE=rileychris]I would love to hear some personal experiences that people have with any of these 3 receivers -- Pioneer Elite VSX-55 TXi, Denon 3805, or Yamaha 2400. Anyone hear these side by side? Do any of them have any capabilities that are deal makers?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

well i currently have the pioneer in my basement system and i couldn't be happier! The sound quality is only a little better than its appearence! WOW However I do have a denon receiver 1804 model in my great room. Not the same features as the new 3805 but what great sound. I have owned three yamaha receivers in the past 4 years and am familiar with their sound as well. Now to the point, all three have microphone calibration, and multi-room or 2nd zone abilities. I believe the denon & yamaha are 120watts per channel the pioneer is 100watts. Which isn't a real big difference. The pioneer in my opinion looks better than both the denon and the yamaha put together! The yamaha/pioneer are both THX select too! Feature wise a think your pretty close unless your that guy that needs more input/output even no you'll never use'em! 1-pioneer, 2- yamaha, 3-denon

Just my opinion...Have fun with it!