AR Newbie Registered Member

Unhappy Please, I need help with dvd audio

i have gotten the dvd audio to work perfectly. I have a yamaha 5590 and a pioneer dv-563a dvd audio/svcd player. While it was playing a 6 channel track i accidently unplugged one of the patch cords going from the 6 channel output on the dvd player to the 6 channel input on the amp.
    Now when i go to play the tracks it will only play in cd quality. Is there some kind of copy protection that will now prevent me from playing dvd audio. If so can i make it so i can enjoy the beautiful music i once had? Or perhaps is there a setting i may have missed that gets reset when i do that? Any help on this would be awesome.
    Thanx, Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    i have gotten the dvd audio to work perfectly. I have a yamaha 5590 and a pioneer dv-563a dvd audio/svcd player. While it was playing a 6 channel track i accidently unplugged one of the patch cords going from the 6 channel output on the dvd player to the 6 channel input on the amp.
    Now when i go to play the tracks it will only play in cd quality. Is there some kind of copy protection that will now prevent me from playing dvd audio. If so can i make it so i can enjoy the beautiful music i once had? Or perhaps is there a setting i may have missed that gets reset when i do that? Any help on this would be awesome.
    Thanx, Blaze
    Play around with your input selector and see if you can get it to work. I had a similar problem with my optical out from my comp to my Yammie.I couldn't get the receiver to play in multi-channel mode. It would only play in 2 channel stereo. I switch to rca jacks instead of the optical wire and only then could get it to play in multi mode.
    I have a problem of not being able to play DVD's in DTS mode. I have a DTS player and the receiver inputs are on DTS, but I get no sound. Haven't been able to figure it out.

Thread Information