• 07-01-2005, 05:52 PM
    fmch34a
    Pioneer Elite 26TX - no sound
    I have a 5 year old Pioneer Elite VSX 26TX that has suddenly developed a problem with sound.It takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes before any sound goes to the speakers when the device is turned on. The problem happens every day THE FIRST TIME it is turned on. If the receiver is tuned off and then on, it normally gets sound immediately. Today for the first time there is no sound at all after I turned off the power to the room it was in by tripping a CB (I was working on a different electrical problem). I have had one other occasion when it took over an hour before the sound came back on but this is well over 3 hours now.
    In addition, I was losing the sound intermittently if I switched from TV/SAT to DVD mode. Any suggestions or is it just time to bring it to a repair guy?
    Other weird things -- it seems that I could get the sound to come back on "faster" if I went into System Test mode and fiddled around with levels, then pressed Stereo, Standard, back to Stereo. Maybe it was just coincidence.
  • 07-07-2005, 06:59 PM
    recoveryone
    you have incountered the mystery bug that attacks this unit. check the reviews section on this unit and get the board check. I hear its a little problem that can be solved easy.
  • 07-23-2005, 11:11 AM
    fmch34a
    Thank you
    Quote:

Originally Posted by recoveryone
    you have incountered the mystery bug that attacks this unit. check the reviews section on this unit and get the board check. I hear its a little problem that can be solved easy.

Thanks for the advise. I have contacted SYBEMAS and they gave me the verbal instuctions on how to remove the "faulty" card from the Pioneer. It was simply a matter of about 10 screws and two ribbon cables being disconnected. Now it is just a matter of mailing the card to them and getting it fixed.

Chuck ;) ;)