MCF
    Forum Regular

Pioneer 1120HD Buzz..any updates??

My 1120HD is about a year old and about three months ago I started to hear the 'dreaded buzz' and it seems to be getting worse. I am going to make an appointment with a service center to come out and look at it and advise them this issue has been documented and that sometimes either a firmware update and/or a glass adjustment solves the problem. Any truth to this or any updates to this issue over the last six months? Thanks in advance!!!

This is a tough, because many people have reported buzzing with plasmas-- Pioneers as well as others. Apparently Pioneer has acknowledged the 1120's buzz, chalking it up to panel noise accompanying the latest color enhancement. I'm not aware that Pioneer considers it a genuine problem to be fixed, just a design tradeoff, but I may not be up to speed on it. They might just be blowing smoke about a phenomen that plagues a lot of plasma panels. But if you've heard that a remedy exists, then you might as well be specific about it with the service center. Maybe Pioneer has sent guidelines to their authorized agents. or will if pressed.

MCF
    Forum Regular

Pain...

Talked to Pioneer and the service center. The service center is 'looking' into it even after I told them that Pioneer confirmed that the firmware update may solve the problem. I may have to take the tv off the wall which stinks. Some people have said they have reduced the problem by putting something behind the tv to re-direct the buzz....wonder if putting something like a piece of black felt behind the tv to absorb the buzz would make any difference....

Thread Information