Picture in Picture help

Printable View

• 12-03-2003, 10:23 AM
    hitspider
    Picture in Picture help
    I just purchase the hitachi 51s500, overall I am very pleased with my purchase. I comcast digital cable with the HDTV box. I have hooked up my cable box to the tv via rgb cables and the audio directly from the cable box to my receiver. I am having trouble with the pip. The divided screens do show up but whenever I change the channel on one the other one changes as well. I guess the problem lies in the way the tv is connected. Do I need to run the cable wire (coaxial) directly into my tv and then another coaxial cable into the digital cable box? Currently I have the coaxial cable running from my wall into the digital cable box and the signal to the tv via rgb cables.

I am a little lost and would appreciate any help on the subject.

Thanks in advance.
  • 12-03-2003, 01:33 PM
    Woochifer
    I don't know about your set, but a lot of PIPs that I've seen are setup to use the internal tuner for at least one of the displays. That could be how your TV is setup. You might want to try hooking up the coaxial cable directly into the TV (and probably split the signal to go into the cable box) and see what that does.
  • 12-03-2003, 02:13 PM
    markw
    Remember, all your tuning is done by the cable box, not the TV itself.

Many PIP sets only have one tuner built into the set You may need to feed a separate tuner into one of the inputs on the back of your set to avail yourself of two programs displaying simultaneously.

In the olden days, a VCR worked well for this purpose, but with the advent of digital cable,sattelite TV, etc..., perhaps another cable box will be needed to.

Check your owner's manual for more.