Pics of Adire's new MEGASUBWOOFER (20 Hz, 121 db with no box)

Here are some pics of that Parthenon sub that Adire Audio displayed at CES. The numbers on that model are truly frightening -- reference levels at 20 Hz with no box or baffle, anecholic bass extension down to 6 Hz, 12" of linear excursion, can move more air than 12 of the already scary Tumult drivers, etc.

Anyway, take a look at what they displayed at CES! It's basically a 24" square shaped diaphragm with four voice coils and the Parthenon motor, mounted on a frame with no box. This is the one that measured 121 db at 20 Hz in Adire's warehouse. Who knows how it sounds, but man this looks way different than the boxy or cylindrical subwoofers that we're all used to!

SERIOUS ... uh, make that SICK Bass coming soon from Adire
    more infor on adires Monster

Front view of the Parthenon driver. Apparently, you can custom order with different cone and voice coil combinations.

Back view of the Parthenon.

Pic of Acoustic Visions' Everest subwoofer, which uses two 15" Adire Tumult drivers and a flank of passive radiators. One of the Tumult drivers is sitting on the floor. Next to the Everest is Adire's new home theatre speaker, which features their new mid/woofer driver and a ribbon tweeter. Very interesting.

And another item of intrigue ... Adire's logo is on these preamp/amps, are they branching out? (Also, check out the acoustic panels near the wall!)

Weird

I really wasn't expecting it to look like that! I was thinking it would look like one of those square car woofers, but it looks like a a giant magent structure connected to a piece of cardboard. I don't know if Id like to have it sitting in my living room, but I sure would like to hear it. I'd also like to hear their new 6" midbass, I heard it has 13mm of xmax which is a tremendous amount of movement for such a small driver. Hey thanks for the picks Wooch!

-Joey

Red face Still scratchin' my head....

Well, I suppose you wouldn't bring it to the show if it didn't work. I'll have to pull a Missourii on this one though. You'll have to "show me" for I'll believe it.

Forum Regular

What the

Ha what in the world! If I didn't know that was a subwoofer i'd think it came flying in from space or something. Ha, it's odd looking, doesn't look like it could possibly do anything like that. I'm not saying it can't, it just looks like it ha. Maybe they'll fix it so it looks normal eh?

Thread Information