Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    "When guys like you offer suggestions and technical explanations that better-than-average HT enthusiasts such as me find extremely difficult to understand, what would you EXPECT me to say???"

Well, since you clalm to be a "better-than-average HT enthusiast" and yet cannot keep up with the crowd, I truly wonder what yardstick you use to gauge your self proclaimed abilites here.

Then again, if you're just trolling then that would explain a lot.
    Why dont you go back to your posts and re-read the SIMPLE explanations you so-called offered me because I do not see any....

And YOU call ME a moron? Look what state you come from Mark....you know, I was just there this past weekend, in Jersey that is, Mark, visiting my GF's relatives, and I have never encountered bigger wanna-be tough guys, idiot drivers or just plain INCONSIDERATE *******s in my entire life. Explains ALOT about YOU, pal....

cam
    Whenever I see a Lexmark3200 thread from now on, not only am I going to not respond, I'm not even going to give the time of day to read it. Bye Bye.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by cam
    Whenever I see a Lexmark3200 thread from now on, not only am I going to not respond, I'm not even going to give the time of day to read it. Bye Bye.
    Thank God....if I waited for help from you, my system would have been dead and buried in my back yard. I don't need your senseless input anyway. Goodbye.

cam
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexmark3200
    Thank God....if I waited for help from you, my system would have been dead and buried in my back yard. I don't need your senseless input anyway. Goodbye.
    You may have a system, but you do not now how to read the manual and definetaly you do not now how to understand it. You and your buddies might as well get a new hobby because audio and video is not within your learning abilities.

Forum Regular

Smile

Hi, I was just wondering the same thing,, PCM or Bitstream, my DVD has two places where I select which one of these I would like to use,The 2 sections where I select this are in the audio section and are written like this .

Dolby Digital..............BITSTREAM or pcm
    DTS Digital Surround............PCM or bitstream
    The choices in Capitals are the factory presets.

and this is how the choices are defined in the manual

Bitstream (Factory preset for Dolby Digital)
    select this if the equipment you connected can decode the signal.

PCM (Factory preset for DTS Digital Surround and MPEG)
    select this if the equipment you connected Cannot decode the signal.

Im not sure if that helps with your question but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.
    Take Care K
    Dale M

JSE
    To the helpful members of this community, the best way to deal with this person is to do what I have done recently, COMPLETELY ignore him. He is a fire and we are the air. Without air, the fire will cease to exist.

JSE

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    To the helpful members of this community, the best way to deal with this person is to do what I have done recently, COMPLETELY ignore him. He is a fire and we are the air. Without air, the fire will cease to exist.

JSE
    Look who decided to crawl out from under his rock.....the ever helpful hiding behind his computer terminal JSE.....where have you been, farmfolk? Care to advise the lad who posted before you in the same fashion as you have here?

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by cam
    You may have a system, but you do not now how to read the manual and definetaly you do not now how to understand it. You and your buddies might as well get a new hobby because audio and video is not within your learning abilities.
    Yes, I am SURE that is what it is, Cam....NOT the fact that you make instructions via help web boards impossible to understand. I am SURE that is what it is.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale M
    Hi, I was just wondering the same thing,, PCM or Bitstream, my DVD has two places where I select which one of these I would like to use,The 2 sections where I select this are in the audio section and are written like this .

Im not sure if that helps with your question but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.
    Take Care K
    Dale M
    Dale,

Thank you....I appreciate this input greatly, honest. My question to you now is, and based on the fact that I believe my manual states that PCM is the factory preset for DTS as well, WHY would DTS be preset at a two channel PCM status? Can anyone answer that?

AR Newbie Registered Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dale M

Take Care K
    Dale M

Hi Dale,

My DVD player menu has the same option you mentioned,

For : Dolby Digital Bitstream or PCM
    DTS PCM or Bitstream

I have a few questions and maybe you can help me. My receiver has Dolby Digital decoder only and no DTS. My DVD player has both DTS and DD decoder. If I use digital output ( toslink or coaxial ) of my player and connect it to the digital input of the receiver, does that mean that the built-in decoders of the player will be by-passed and the DD of the receiver will do the decoding? If so, will the DTS of my player be useless since my receiver is w/o DTS decoder? BTW, My receiver does not have the 6 channel audio inputs ( FR,FL,C,SR,SL,Sub).

Thanks and have a nice day!

sal

Quote Originally Posted by polwakpupmakbon
    Hi Dale,

My DVD player menu has the same option you mentioned,

For : Dolby Digital Bitstream or PCM
    DTS PCM or Bitstream

I have a few questions and maybe you can help me. My receiver has Dolby Digital decoder only and no DTS. My DVD player has both DTS and DD decoder. If I use digital output ( toslink or coaxial ) of my player and connect it to the digital input of the receiver, does that mean that the built-in decoders of the player will be by-passed and the DD of the receiver will do the decoding? If so, will the DTS of my player be useless since my receiver is w/o DTS decoder? BTW, My receiver does not have the 6 channel audio inputs ( FR,FL,C,SR,SL,Sub).

Thanks and have a nice day!

sal
    Not who you were looking for but every last one of your suspicions are correct. Without the 6 channel inputs you have no access to DTS with your current set up. With the digital connection you have made, the receiver handles all the decoding.

Good news is that all of that can be fixed by a simple trip to your local A/V dealer.

Regards,
    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Not who you were looking for but every last one of your suspicions are correct. Without the 6 channel inputs you have no access to DTS with your current set up. With the digital connection you have made, the receiver handles all the decoding.

Good news is that all of that can be fixed by a simple trip to your local A/V dealer.

Regards,
    jc
    Jim (or anyone who can answer in a simplified manner),

What is "anamorphic" with regard to the way widescreen DVDs are presented? What exactly does this mean to a widescreen monitor owner?

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark

Regards,
    jc

Thanks a lot for your reply Jim, after educating me and confirming my fears, I think you're right and its time for me to visit an A/V dealer

Regards and have a nice day!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information