PPG

Panasonic DVD-F87 5-disc DVD/DVD-Audio changer

Anyone here got this unit yet? It's a 5-disc changer that plays DVD's, CD/CD-R, DVD-R's, MP3 & WMA discs, and DVD-Audio. It even decodes HDCD's. All for only $129.00. (No reviews here at AR yet).

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.p...uct_Id=3964426

Forum Regular
    wow looks great, i owned the last year model of this and took it back after 1 week becuase of the HORRIBLE layer changes. maybe they fixed it this year? that would be great i could match up my components in my room with this

it says (twin laser pickup) so maybe thats there way of fighting back againts there bad layer changes in there previous year that didnt have that. i ll have to try this out.

going by last years model the player was AWSOME except for the layer changes which i couldnt stand.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by PPG
    Anyone here got this unit yet? It's a 5-disc changer that plays DVD's, CD/CD-R, DVD-R's, MP3 & WMA discs, and DVD-Audio. It even decodes HDCD's. All for only $129.00. (No reviews here at AR yet).

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.p...uct_Id=3964426

I have the F85 which I assume is last years model compared to this one and I am very happy with it. No layer change problems at all. Picture is great and DVD-A is awesome.
    No regrets at all. I love the fact that it has random play.

JSE

Forum Regular
    wow no layer change problems?

mine had like a 3-5 second layer change and it would make my yamaha amp go crazy, it would run through every program until it got back around to dolby or dts whatever one i was watching. that takes around 20 seconds when you have a yamaha with over 50 dsp programs and dts es and doldy d ex and all thoughs. i couldnt stand it.

one thing i didnt know it played dvd-a, that might have made it more worth while to keep it around as a music only type of player. it doesnt have 6 channel out does it? it was about a year ago and i cant remember it all that clearly

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by uncooked
    wow no layer change problems?

mine had like a 3-5 second layer change and it would make my yamaha amp go crazy, it would run through every program until it got back around to dolby or dts whatever one i was watching. that takes around 20 seconds when you have a yamaha with over 50 dsp programs and dts es and doldy d ex and all thoughs. i couldnt stand it.

one thing i didnt know it played dvd-a, that might have made it more worth while to keep it around as a music only type of player. it doesnt have 6 channel out does it? it was about a year ago and i cant remember it all that clearly

I think you got a lemon. Mine works great and I run it through a Yamaha RX-V1400. And yes, it plays DVD-A and has the 6 channel outs. Damn cables cosy almost as much as the player. I think mine has the tiwn laser pickups. I bought it around November I think so maybe a got an corrected model?

JSE

Forum Regular
    dam im going to have to go look into them. im almost positive mine wasnt twin laser, becuase i remember seeing a few months after i swapped it and thinking thats what it needed. so they must of had complaints and fixed it.

Thread Information