Forum Regular

Panasonic 50PX60U Question

Just wondering if anyone here who also owns this display has run into my dilemma. In the picture settings menu the 3D Y/C filter and color matrix choices are greyed out(non-functional). I can't seem to find another setting that might be causing the conflict and thought the filter functioning(or not) to be of concern.

One other question. At one point I had a list of the best settings for this display that I retrieved from this forum. It was actually very accurate and so much easier than plodding through the menu. I'm extremely pleased with this display and just want to make sure I've got the settings correct. Thanks for any help.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Hey Billy B, are you using an HDMI for any components? Some displays will default to the digital connection and the 3D Y/C is a function of component cables. You may have to physically remove the HDMI from the TV for it recognize the c. cables.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Hey Billy B, are you using an HDMI for any components? Some displays will default to the digital connection and the 3D Y/C is a function of component cables. You may have to physically remove the HDMI from the TV for it recognize the c. cables.
    That may be it then. I'm using HDMI for HD Cable Box and for Oppo DVD connections. Didn't physically try it but not sure it matters since I suppose HDMI would generally be considered the best connection. The important thing is I can't say enough about the picture quality of this display. It's not 1080P, but I can live with that. Thanks much for the reply

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    No problemo and I forgot to congratulate you on the new toy. Panasonic makes solid displays.

Peace

Thread Information