AR Newbie Registered Member

Marantz SR-18U problem

Hello,

A friend at work gave me a Marantz SR-18U he has not used in a few years. It works perfectly.... except I can not get a peep out of the sub. He said it was working great when last he used it (very honorable guy with no reason to lie)

I've verified its not the cables, its not the sub. No signal what so ever comes out of the sub out. (even test tone)

In the menu I've turned on sub, everything basic has been tried.

Is there perhaps something big I'm missing?

Without the sub its a 60 pound paperweight sadly for me.

The sub I'm using is an a/d/s C10PS 10” Powered Subwoofer

Can anyone help?

T

Forum Regular
    Hey buddy,I have the same unit and you got a sweet present if it was just given to you,I mean you are truly blessed there.Anyway,if you have your speakers setting set to LARGE,then there will be no signal sent to the LFE,you must set your speakers to SMALL to achieve subwoofer status.I hope this helps,I had the same problem when I got mine and this was the fix!
    Marantz SR-18
    Eosone RSF1000's
    Eosone RSC 300 Center
    Eosone RSF 400's
    SVS PC 20-39
    Samsung 42" DLP
    Xbox 360
    PS3 60gig

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for responding Powerlord, its 100% a hardware issue. I have run through all the possible software options with tech support. Marantz recommended I contact a repair facility which I did. He said its almost impossible to get parts for the model and he'd have to jury-rig something and would cost between 100-400$ depending on what exactly it is.

T

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tronne
    Thanks for responding Powerlord, its 100% a hardware issue. I have run through all the possible software options with tech support. Marantz recommended I contact a repair facility which I did. He said its almost impossible to get parts for the model and he'd have to jury-rig something and would cost between 100-400$ depending on what exactly it is.

T
    Man I'm sorry to hear that,these are great recievers,reviews compare them closely to seperates.If you got it free then a repair would be a no brainer.Good luck with it and keep me informed on what went wrong so I can trouble shoot mine.
    Marantz SR-18
    Eosone RSF1000's
    Eosone RSC 300 Center
    Eosone RSF 400's
    SVS PC 20-39
    Samsung 42" DLP
    Xbox 360
    PS3 60gig

Thread Information