I didn't pick up on this till today but I thought I'd share this in case anyone was not aware of this besides me. I'm assuming what applies at Circuit City is applicable to extended service plans at Best Buy & other Chain Stores, if not feel free to state otherwise. Anyway, to make a long story short, my DVD recorder which I bought for $189 with an extended service plan a year and a half ago, broke down for the second time. It was replaced immediately the first time, no problem. Anyway, as its no longer sold at Circuit City I was given the option of getting a $189 gift card there or for them to try to get it fixed. I opted for the $189 gift card and was able to get a DVD Recorder by the same company for $80 & still have $100 left over to buy other things with. The DVD Recorder is basically as good with the same features as my previous one but $100 cheaper. My point of this discourse is, that because of the technological improvements and price drops of electronic items like say DVD Recorders for which $180 was considered cheap a year or so ago, if you have an extended service plan, if something goes wrong (or you want to be plain dishonest, I don't think they check) you can return your goods a year later & if they no longer sell the model, get a replacement item that does the same or more for considerably less then what you originally paid & then have money left over besides.