Forum Regular

Is Onkyo a good receiver for Yamaha speakers NS-FP9500

I am building my first home theatre and need a suggestion. I liked the Yamaha speakers NS-FP9500 and can get them for $330 including shipping from eTronics. I also saw a Onkyo receiver TX-LR552 at 6ave.com for $198, but wondering if the two would be compatible to give a good sound. I had no way to testing them together as no shop had both of them.

Can anyone suggest me if Onkyo would be a good receiver for these Yamaha speakers? The two together will suit my budget, if they can work together.

Quote Originally Posted by ssrp
    I am building my first home theatre and need a suggestion. I liked the Yamaha speakers NS-FP9500 and can get them for $330 including shipping from eTronics. I also saw a Onkyo receiver TX-LR552 at 6ave.com for $198, but wondering if the two would be compatible to give a good sound. I had no way to testing them together as no shop had both of them.

Can anyone suggest me if Onkyo would be a good receiver for these Yamaha speakers? The two together will suit my budget, if they can work together.
    Yamaha is better known for their receivers than their speakers, or in other words, you can't go wrong with a Yamaha receiver, but why get their speakers when there are much better out there, even at your price point. Look into Polks. They make great speakers at lower price ends. And I'm sure others on this board can recommend other speakers for your budget so you can get the most sonic bliss for that price. At least try to listen to as much equipment as you can.

Happy Shopping.

Thread Information