AR Newbie Registered Member

No back surround on my RX-V750

I recently moved into my new house and am finally able to use the full effects of my RX-V750 receiver. I have the YSW-1500 hooked up as well as the 3 fronts, middle and rear surrounds. My problem is that the recevier is not pushing any sound to the rear surrounds, only the regular surrounds. I do not have anything hooked up to the presence speaker outs. Here is what I have done so far:
    Connected the wires running to the wall connections to the center channel to test the wiring. Both speakers get sound.
    Re-run the auto setup. When it gets to RS/L and RS/R there are none of the test clicks.
    Tried manual setup. Made sure presence speakers are set to None. Surrounds are set to Small. The rear surround option is stuck on NONE and won't let me move the cursor to SMx1 or change it to SMx2.
    I unplugged the unit hoping something small was messed up, but that also did not help.
    I am not sure where to go from here or what to test.
    Thanks

Have you tried resetting the receiver to the factory default settings then run the auto-setup?
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    you might have to check a zone 2 setting or something along those lines..it could be under another menu in the manual setup. If memory serves, the rear surrounds can also be used to power zone 2 speakers on that model. If I'm wrong, the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is to make sure the A speaker selector is on "A" only, nothing else. My Rx-V1400 was fussy about that.

AR Newbie Registered Member

reset worked

Resetting and running the auto setup worked. Thanks

Good for you pengu1n.
    I love my Yamaha receiver.
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

Thread Information