AR Newbie Registered Member

how do i listen to dts?

I have a dvd capable of dts and a receiver as well, however i cnannot get sound when i select dts on the dvd menu. is there something i did wrong? is it a hookup issue? i have component video for my connection, with just a red and black hooke dinto my audio in of my receiver. I realize this is a stupid post but please help.

Quote Originally Posted by smittymike
    I have a dvd capable of dts and a receiver as well, however i cnannot get sound when i select dts on the dvd menu. is there something i did wrong? is it a hookup issue? i have component video for my connection, with just a red and black hooke dinto my audio in of my receiver. I realize this is a stupid post but please help.
    Make sure you have set the DVD player set-up menu to bitstream. If that doesn't do it make sure the receiver input is set to auto in it's set-up menu.

Good luck.

Edit: You must have a digital connection [coax or optic fiber] from the DVD player to the receiver.
    Last edited by TinHere; 01-03-2004 at 09:33 PM.
    TinHere

Enjoying a virtual life.

if i read correctly

Quote Originally Posted by smittymike
    You're using the analog inputs of your receiver and you're only playing back movies in pro logic and stereo. To get DTS or DD 5.1 you need to use a digital connection input on your receiver. Get a pretty thick rca cable and run it from your coaxial output on your dvd player and hook it up to one of your coaxial inputs on your receiver. You could also buy an optical cable instead, makes no difference. And as Tinhere said, make sure your dvd player is set on BITSTREAM.

-Joey

Thread Information