AR Regular

Power Conditioners

I am looking at getting a Monster Power HTS-2600 power conditioner because it is in my price range, what do you guys think about them? Any suggestions?

W-o-m..

Waste Of Money! You'd be better off with $1200 cables...trust me, I've had both.

AR Regular

all over it

I already have $1200 in cables, I am now looking for accesories.

I'm a firm believer...

That there are 2 kinds of people that buy audio equipment:
    1) The kind that buys without much knowledge or research so they can say they spent big bucks and have a bunch of shiny gear they usually hook up incorrectly.

2) The kind that buys because they KNOW it's a great piece, only buys what they need to get a sound thats usually twice as good as the guy who did the above.

I know, because I was #1, then, after spending a load of cash on useless 'audio jewelery' I became #2

Forum Regular
    See my reply to Keith of Canada at his thread regarding a "Monster" posted today (12-14-'04).

Read it now and believe it later ... it's da troot!
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Forum Regular
    Here's an article that should help: http://www.techlore.com/article/10068/

AR lurker
    meephis,

I recently lost my Yamaha RX-V1000 to a drop in voltage.. Low voltage is VERY VERY evil for electronics.. I was using a $100 monster AV800 surge protector but surge protectors are uslesss for brown outs. at first I was thinking about upgraidng to one of the higher end monsterpower line conditioners but decided on Panamax. Mainly because they actually list their specs. they willl condition the voltage and completely cut the flow when the voltage reaches unsafe levels.. for example under 95 volts or over 135 volts..

they have cheaper power bar style models too but I'm getting one of the higher end ones that will stack... probably the MAX 5300 or 5100

later, hope this helps
    RABBIT

www.panamax.com

Last edited by rabbit121; 02-15-2005 at 07:20 PM.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I am very pleased with my HTS2600, cleaner picture sounds are clean and crisp "satisfied"

AR Newbie Registered Member

Hello

Great to join the group note: I have a HTS2600MKII AND LOVE IT!

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meephis View Post
    I am looking at getting a Monster Power HTS-2600 power conditioner because it is in my price range, what do you guys think about them? Any suggestions?
    Are you familiar with the bullying history of Monster ? If you are not, please Google the term "Monster Cable trademark bully", and read some of the results. I would never in good conscience buy anything made by that company, or anyone in any manufacturing partnership with them.

Moving on, look at the Belkin PureAV PF-60. It should be in the same price range as that Monster product you are interested in. I use a PF-60 in my HT system. In addition to surge protection and extreme voltage shutdown, it also has isolated outlet banks, triggered outlets, and individually programmable switching and delays for all outlet banks.

The front panel LCD displays voltage, current draw of each individual outlet bank, and total current draw. I have compared the display readings against my Fluke RMS reading ammeter, and the PF-60 display is pretty accurate.

Like all the moderately priced "lione conditioners" on the market, the PF-60 employs L-C filter networks based on a combination of CMC chokes and noise suppression caps feeding each outlet bank (i.e., the blue "donuts" and rectangular yellow caps in the picture). Each outlet bank also has a huge ferrite choke on it.

PF-60 inside view:

Thread Information