Forum Regular

New A/V Reciever

I will be in the market for a new a/v receiver in a couple of months. I have not been fallowing the audio world lately as I once did. I just bought some new MB Quart “S” series speakers and I will need more power soon. I currently have the last Japanese series made Denon AVR-1800. Although this great inexpensive 75 watt amp was great for powering my previous set of Paradigm monitors series speakers, it lacks power to make my new 85 db MB Quart speakers really sing. I am looking to only spend 800.00 on a new amp. Is this going to be feasible? Or, since my current Denon 1800 has pre outs for an external power, you think it would be better to by a two channel amp to power my mains. Does anyone manufacture a three channel amp anymore?

I like to listen to two channel music most of the time, but love a great surround sound recorded movie as well.

Thank you,

Don

Forum Regular
    Adcom makes a 3 channel amp for $1500. Your best bet may be to get 3 monoblock amplifiers from OUTLAW AUDIO. The price on 3 200 watt monoblocks is 850. I'm not sure of any other budget amplifiers that will provide $/performance ratios.

www.outlawaudio.com
    Definitive Technology Fan, Owner and Advocate!!!!! never paying retail IS half the fun of buying audio products!!!! Good shopping!

Forum Regular
    Anyone else have an opinion? I really need the help.

I agree

with chimera128. Outlaw makes some decent monoblocks for a fair price. If needed just get two (they $300 a piece) and do the preout thing to them. This will relieve the receiver from having to drive those fronts. Since the rears are usually set lower anyways you shouldn't have a problem driving those from the receiver. Later on if you want, you can purchase another mono amp. Here's a link to the outlaw mono amps:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/200.html

IMO that you're not going to get much more of a receiver than what you already have for only $800.

Forum Regular
    Thanks guys.

Thread Information