X-Mass never ends!

Decided to "look around" the hi-fi shop today...... picked up the B&W 705's with B&W's 700 series stands since I found out the 705's are now designed to be secured to the stands.... anyways... the "wish list" has a couple more items crossed off now!!!! I eye-balled a pretty nice Rotel AVR and 5.1 Amp, but that will be for another time! I still need to find a better way to place the Center Channel I have, as it is under the stand, and I would prefer it to be further off the ground, and more centered (it's left of center by a couple of feet) I dealt with the 686/HTM7 combo for over a month.... I'm gonna be pretty happy when the new speakers come in, and I can finally pair them with their mate. I'll put up some pictures when the new speakers arrive, and hopefully someone can provide me with better placement options, and I'll show you my plan for protecting the 686's that are moving to the surrounds. Protection for my investments has been on my find, as we have a nanny coming to watch our 2 month old five-days a week, and she's bringing her 3 year old with her, so "kid-proofing" has become a necessity quicker than I had planned. I'll give my completely PARTIAL, and FULLY BIASED review when I get the new toys.

JJ

Suspended
    Excellent choice (but you knew I'd say that. ) My CC is also under my TV, and here's what I did...

L.J. recommended Auralex Mopads. http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolati...tion_mopad.asp

Note: This arrangement is NOT child-proof.
    Last edited by Rich-n-Texas; 12-31-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Can you mount the center channel on the wall above your TV or even below the TV?
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

the tv 'just' fits under the mantle, and the mantle isn't wide enough to fit the speaker on (I thought about adding an extension on the mantle perhaps??? but it would be too high, and I doubt it would work) I'll post some pictures to give you some more perspective on it. Really though, the size of the center is a limiting factor. it's deep, AND tall (at least in comparison to others I've had.)

Thread Information