• 10-01-2004, 06:21 PM
    4biddendonut
    Need Receiver to match well with Mirage M3si's
    I am looking to get a new receiver to match well with a paid of Mirage M3si mains and other Mirage speakers. I have informally narrowed my choices down between the Pioneer Elite 56Txi and the Pioneer Elite 59Txi.

Will the Pioneer 59txi make the Mirage speakers sing that much better than the 56txi for about $1500 less? Will I ever need that extra 50WPC? But the remote is pretty sweet.

Would anyone recommend another receiver around 2K that might be a better option?

Thanks all!
  • 10-06-2004, 12:09 AM
    Benihana
    Hmm, this is a tough one. Those speakers are anechoiclly rated 83db/1 watt and 6 ohms(87db/1 in room response), they aren't the last word in efficiency. I also do have a pair of these, never will part with them :) . I don't know of any receiver that will release their potential or near potential. When i first bought them, i didn't even bother hooking them up to my receiver, which gives 95 true watts at a 0.015% @ 6ohms(old Yammy) . I hooked them up to a Audiosource Amp3 and was satisfied, at moderate volumes it was great, but at high volumes bass was lacking. But then I bought another Audiosource Amp3 with the intention of running them as bridged monoblocks, but I first tried them in a stereo bi-amp configuration, and I liked it so much, i didn't even try them bridged, just let it stay that way. so each of the towers are using their own powersupply, which really brings out the bass. Very clean sound at insane volumes, bass is punishing. I would go for the cheaper receiver and buy an outboard amp. A carver 1600 amp is a crazy amp that will drive the m-3si to insane volumes.
  • 08-15-2011, 10:02 PM
    nad_obed
    M3Si
    Just got my pre-loved/pre-owned pair over the weekend.
    I can't get enough listening to them.
    Bass is fantastic.
  • 08-19-2011, 05:50 AM
    Tarheel_
    With those speakers being difficult to power/drive, i'd suggest a mid-level receiver and spending the remaining funds on a separate amp.

This combination should really open up your speakers and provide you years of enjoyment.

Just remember, when searching for a mid-level / priced receiver, it must have 'pre-outs' so you can run RCA cables from the receiver to the amplifier.

My recommendation, purchase a new or used Anthem multichannel amp and spend the rest on the best receiver possible.
  • 08-19-2011, 07:54 AM
    blackraven
    How about a Denon 4311ci, Integra DTR-50.3, Onkyo or this NAD-

NAD T775 Surround Sound Reciever

Or Emotiva separates- Emotiva Audio UMC-1 Audio-Video Processor

Emotiva Audio XPA-5 Five Channel Power Amplifier
  • 08-19-2011, 08:24 AM
    Hyfi
    Odyssey Stratus drove my M790s quite well.
  • 08-22-2011, 11:58 AM
    dwayne.aycock
    Get a Denon AVR 5800 and rock out! Plenty of power, clean and very well worth the money.
  • 08-24-2011, 12:49 PM
    harley .guy07
    I used to be a Mirage dealer in the 90's when those speakers were made and I myself sold several pairs or them and I agree with others on here that there is probably not a receiver out there that will bring out those speakers potential. If you are building a theater system and want your m3's to pull 2 channel duty as well the cheapest option would be to buy a receiver then a higher powered outboard power and for the m3's or buy a processor then a multichannel amp. I know a receiver by itself sound tempting for the money but believe me because I have been around that speaker a lot when I worked in a high end shop that even if you start out with a receiver at some point you will want more power dynamically.