NAD T773 7.1 A/V Receiver

Printable View

• 06-07-2005, 12:39 PM
    GMichael
    NAD T773 7.1 A/V Receiver
    Has anyone had a chance to audition this receiver yet? I am looking to put in a 3rd HT system. It will be going into a semi-large room, about 32 x 45 feet.
  • 06-07-2005, 02:41 PM
    nick4433
    That receiver definitely has some muscle and processing power. NAD has always been late to the game when it comes to new formats and amongst other things, auto speaker calibration, etc. I believe the 773 has mostly everything you need. NAD is very impressive when it comes to sound quality but their build quality is ver questionable. I had many (really) NAD receivers from the 752 on and they all some or the other problems. If NAd has fixed most bugs on their receivers then the 773 is a great receiver.
  • 06-07-2005, 07:40 PM
    PAT.P
    Nad a/v
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    Has anyone had a chance to audition this receiver yet? I am looking to put in a 3rd HT system. It will be going into a semi-large room, about 32 x 45 feet.

GMicheal notice you own a Yamaha did it ever give you any problem? If not why would you go to a Nad? I know alot of audio store that say the Yamaha is the least receiver in their repair shop and they sell the Nad or removed it from their store because of this issue.I was checking receiver out (Denon ,Nad, Marantz ) and Yamaha won me over .Pat.P
  • 06-08-2005, 05:11 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PAT.P
    GMicheal notice you own a Yamaha did it ever give you any problem? If not why would you go to a Nad? I know alot of audio store that say the Yamaha is the least receiver in their repair shop and they sell the Nad or removed it from their store because of this issue.I was checking receiver out (Denon ,Nad, Marantz ) and Yamaha won me over .Pat.P

Hi Pat,

No, my Yamaha has not given me any problems. In fact I enjoy it very much. But I want to look around at all my possible options before I make a final purchase. I am looking at the Magenapans as my speaker system. These are 4 ohm. I have been told that my Yamaha can handle this but "Yamaha" themselves do not agree. They recomend 6 or 8 ohm only. I may still go with another Yamaha anyhow but the NAD is claiming "stable down to 2 ohms." There's no rush as my old Pioneer is ok for now.
  • 06-08-2005, 05:24 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nick4433
    That receiver definitely has some muscle and processing power. NAD has always been late to the game when it comes to new formats and amongst other things, auto speaker calibration, etc. I believe the 773 has mostly everything you need. NAD is very impressive when it comes to sound quality but their build quality is ver questionable. I had many (really) NAD receivers from the 752 on and they all some or the other problems. If NAd has fixed most bugs on their receivers then the 773 is a great receiver.

I'm sorry to hear about their QC problems. Sounds like a swing and a miss to me. Thanks for the info.
  • 06-08-2005, 06:57 AM
    Eric Z
    A semi-large room? That square footage is more than half of my whole house. I'd like to see a large room, haha.
  • 06-08-2005, 07:17 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Z
    A semi-large room? That square footage is more than half of my whole house. I'd like to see a large room, haha.

HAHAHA Actually, this is half of my basement. I only added the semi- so that I wouldn't get those replies that say, "you think that's large? You should see my ....."
  • 06-08-2005, 08:05 AM
    nick4433
    If you are not hell bent on buying a receiver for that sized room then my advise would be to hit up Audiogon and get your hands on a good used processor and amp. You can also check out the Emotiva offering from AV123.com. I believe for the price of the NAD that you will be able to get into quality used seperates.
  • 06-08-2005, 08:25 AM
    GMichael
    Sounds like a reasonable choice. But I don't know much about seperates. What would I be looking for? I thought all seperates were strickly 2 channel. Do they make HT also?
  • 06-08-2005, 09:53 AM
    PAT.P
    Nad
    G Micheal another option if you want to go to seperates is the Adcom GTP -86011 7.1 surround tuner /pre amp with their multi-channel amplifier GFA-7607 but your talking $$$$ here. You might only need to had a multi-channel amp to your Yamaha to the other room(just a thought) Pat.P
  • 06-08-2005, 10:26 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PAT.P
    G Micheal another option if you want to go to seperates is the Adcom GTP -86011 7.1 surround tuner /pre amp with their multi-channel amplifier GFA-7607 but your talking $$$$ here. You might only need to had a multi-channel amp to your Yamaha to the other room(just a thought) Pat.P

Now you're talkin'! The GFA-7807 looks hot. But yeah, kinda up there in price. Still...
    Well, here's the deal. The wife needs/wants new furniture. I'm getting a little older, traffic is getting a little tougher, so have agreed to sell my Harley. She gets half for "our" furniture. I get to spend the rest on new toys. I'm looking at about a $6k budget. But I want to spend it wisely. the GFA-7807 is not only expensive, but also so powerfull that I might have to think about even better speakers than the MG 1.6 maggies plus MMGW surrounds. And then a HDTV & DVD. Don't forget the new billion dollar cables and conectors that make little to no difference in sound. Where does it all end?
  • 06-08-2005, 10:31 AM
    PAT.P
    Nad
    Oops did a boo boo if you had a multi-channel to your Yamaha you have to disconect the speaker of your receiver to had to the multi-channel( dont think you want to log your speaker around) Pat.P :rolleyes:
  • 06-08-2005, 10:37 AM
    PAT.P
    Nad
    GMicheal IT NEVER ENDS ! My wife told me enought ( got six receiver , around 20 speaker ,4 sub ,5 tv 1 reel to reel, 3 turntable ect ect ) Pat.P