Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    I was half joking, but perhaps you're seeing a pic that I am not. Here is what the back of a 2102 looks like. As you can see, all of the cables attach from the top of the unit. The only photo that shows the rear of the amps that I find in the link is this (magnified and cropped) "aerial" shot:

Do you see three sets of cables springing from the top of each unit and folded back down somehow below each amp through the floor? You would not want to bundle the power with either of the signal cables so you would expect to find two separate runs. Do you see any dark lines? Shadows?

rw

edit: I poked around and found a pic that did seem to suggest that eventually, he wired them! The cable morass is clearly evident here and you can see power cords emanating from the back panels of the Macs.

On the HGTV show I watched they were hooked up.
    JUST a theory, but maybe he took them off for a photo op. We all know how hard it is to
    keep cables out of the way, and this guy seems a bit of a showoff.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Wouldn't all of us with that room?
    d HC b

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Camper
    Wouldn't all of us with that room?
    ACTUALLY that room is demonstrating something that the owner probably doesn't realize,
    and that is that he doesn't know that much about audio OR HT.
    I saw a learning channel dec about lottery winners, one guy won 250 million.
    A VERY NICE GUY, and his house looked like a trailer park blew up, or the worlds biggest
    garage sale. Junk all over the place, give an interior designer a heart attack.
    All you need for a very nice HT is a high end preamp/control center, two main amps
    of very high quality(my preference) and slightly lesser ones for the surrounds(reverse that
    if HT is more important to you).
    TRUTH is that a well designed HT would be more enjoyable, easier to use, and about five mill less. This "system" is nice to look at, sure, but 90% of it is unnecessary.
    Just because you have fallen into a ton of money doesn't mean you automatically are blessed
    with good taste, sense, or HT knowledge .
    HE OUGHT TO PAY out a hundred grand or so to a team that actually knows something about HT design. Instead of a 64 Impalla with tassles on the windows he could have
    a TESTAROSSA.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

......I see his room as a temple of a hobbyist that got FY money and went nuts. Yes you could get better with less but he got his swing rockin. Room acoustics.....phaw!!! Brute wall of direct sound will render kidney stones to sand but I get a kick out of the Wally World fan in the middle of all those tubes.
    d HC b

I wouldn't leave the house!

AR Newbie Registered Member
    You should look at this post from some blog, they have collected 25 most expensive homes of the world.

25 Most Expensive Homes In The World You Never Knew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information