Suspended

Marantz BD-7003 hit the street

I'm seeing the Marantz 7003 is ready for orders. I've only seen it online so far. I've been sort of waiting to see if this might be a tempting piece but I'm a bit disappointed. Carrying a price tag of $799.00 it is pretty bare boned on features. No MC analog out, only bitstreams HD audio and the biggest disappointment, no Realta or other Silicon Optix chip for upsampling SD. It says it upsamples SD but the chip has not been shown. I'm assuming if it had the mighty Realta for the job it would have boasted it as the 7003's big brother does. Are people willing to pay several hundred dollars more just to get an aluminum face?

I haven't looked closely yet but NAD has a BR player now. I did see it will play both NTSC and PAL. I haven't seen price.

I can see paying extra money to get a feature you have to have, or an increase in performance but I can't see paying a large price tag so I can brag my BR player weighs 16 lbs. and has an aluminum face. Since most on the board are some what.......... uh.... thrifty, I'm sure you can agree.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I'm seeing the Marantz 7003 is ready for orders. I've only seen it online so far. I've been sort of waiting to see if this might be a tempting piece but I'm a bit disappointed. Carrying a price tag of $799.00 it is pretty bare boned on features. No MC analog out, only bitstreams HD audio and the biggest disappointment, no Realta or other Silicon Optix chip for upsampling SD. It says it upsamples SD but the chip has not been shown. I'm assuming if it had the mighty Realta for the job it would have boasted it as the 7003's big brother does. Are people willing to pay several hundred dollars more just to get an aluminum face?

I haven't looked closely yet but NAD has a BR player now. I did see it will play both NTSC and PAL. I haven't seen price.

I can see paying extra money to get a feature you have to have, or an increase in performance but I can't see paying a large price tag so I can brag my BR player weighs 16 lbs. and has an aluminum face. Since most on the board are some what.......... uh.... thrifty, I'm sure you can agree.
    Its not a question of "thrifty", its a matter of being tapped out.
    Besides, BR playback will probably be like DVD, not much diff between players.
    AND no multichannel out?
    geddoutta here!
    In a world where the "winner" (Best buy) is down 47%, I sure wouldnt
    want to be pushing a 800 buck player that doesnt even have multichannel outs(which is unconsciable).
    Gimmie a 300 buck blu, and the rest will go toward a new receiver, amp, or pre pro.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody

The elitists among us won't agree. However, if you want the latest and greatest, buy in the mainstream. That's where the money for the manufacturers is, in the larger greedy scheme of things.

Suspended
    NAD T587, it's loaded, but it comes with a price tag. It wouldn't hurt as much as the Marantz 8002 though. I'm interested in seeing what this "swank upscaler" is all about for DVD.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/11/03...g-in-december/

More info: http://nadelectronics.com/products/d...y-Disc-Player/

Suspended
    It would certainly be "swank" if it had the right chip(s) in it Mr. P. GOOO FOR IT!!!

Suspended
    I'm probably swanky enough for now, thanks

Suspended
    You're sounding too conservative Mr. P.

(We gotta try to blend in for the next four years... know what I mean?)

Cool

[QUOTE=Rich-n-Texas]You're sounding too conservative Mr. P.

you BLEND IN?
    Fat chance of THAT
    THIS isnt what you're talking about BTW, mm?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marantz BD-7003 hit the street-obamacain700.jpg  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

[QUOTE=pixelthis]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    You're sounding too conservative Mr. P.

you BLEND IN?
    Fat chance of THAT
    THIS isnt what you're talking about BTW, mm?
    lol! now thats funny!

frenchmon

Thread Information