AR Newbie Registered Member

Make full use of your Dish DVR

Hi!

Interested in knowing what is all this fuss about dish network and Satellite tv ? If you are currently a dish network subscriber or if you are planning to get one in the near future, check out this link August dish-4-free.com Newsletter. If you like what you see and interested in subscribing to your own monthly newsletter then simply email to dish_newsletter@pacbell.net with subject : subscribe. You may also use the subscribe link at the bottom of the Newsletter page. Subscribe to this newsletter and keep yourself informed on the latest dish promos, fun programs and other useful information.

Have Fun!

-jaya4500

webmaster dish-4-free.com

Dish sucks. DirecTV is the only way to go. Seems like every year all the major networks all of a sudden 'blank out' on Dish because Dish does not want to pay them or something.

Also, when I was a Dish subscriber (for 3 years) I wanted a DVR and they would not work with me. Joe Blow could get them for FREE, but the best price they would give a loyal 3 year customer was $299 and it's not even Tivo. It's just a digital VCR.

DirecTV was more than happy to give me TWO free Tivo units, and to my surprise the picture quality is far better with DirecTV.

N.A, I have to disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Dish sucks.
    They don't suck...

they swallow.

DirecTV was more than happy to give me TWO free Tivo units, and to my surprise the picture quality is far better with DirecTV.
    Free? Hell, they paid me a dollar to take a DVR off their hands ($99 DVR w/ $100 rebate)! DirecTV is the way to go. I also agree that SD programming looks far better than Dish, at least on my set. Admittedly, I have no idea why, but I have seen both in succession and the Direct picture was noticeably cleaner. There is simply less blocking and artifacts.

Yep, DirecTV has a much better picture than Dish because they have more satellites up in space. Dish has to compress their signal more because they don't have enough space, so to speak. Direct has more sats, therefore don't need to compress the signal as much.

Thread Information