• 04-30-2004, 05:37 AM
    KAP8
    Lexicon, B&W, and a THX question!!
    I recently replaced my processor with a Lexicon MC-8. My fronts are Nautilus 804's, Rears are Nautilus 805's and the Center is an Nautilus HTM 2.

I had the Lexicon professionally installed (due to my stupidity). When I listened, I felt that the sound was too deep with too much bass. I checked and saw that they set the crossover to THX (80hz) for each of the 5 speakers. I increased the treble setting a bit and modified the crossovers for the speakers. The 804's are rated down to 45hz so I set them to 50hz. The 805's and the Center Channel are rated down to 56hz, so I set them to 60hz.

I felt that it created more of the sound that I'm looking for, however, this simply could be based on the my increasing the treble. I understand that individual preferences are what matter when it comes to sound, however, should I set it back?

What exactly am I gaining or losing with these settings? By the way, this setup is 60% for Television, 30% music, 10% RocknRoll based DVD's.

Thanks,
    Rob
  • 04-30-2004, 07:09 AM
    N. Abstentia
    As long as it sounds good to you and the crossover points are seamless with your subwoofer, leave it where you like it.