Thread: lets talk THX

AR Newbie Registered Member

lets talk THX

i just bought a rxv2500 and i am wanting to know if its better to run it in thx mode or regular dolby digital for 7.1 surround

Hi kentd34,
    Welcome to our AR family.

I prefer DD or DTS in inhanced mode. This will give you all 7.1.

Mike
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    thank you for the advice, what do you thinkof the thx mode if you dont mind me asking

It's OK. I would be happy with it, if was all I had. To me the DD and DTS enhanced sound better. You should try each of them and use the one that sounds best to you. Not everyone hears things the same.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

it also depends if you are setup like THX recommends...that is, are all of your speakers set to small? do you have a sub? are all speaker cutoff (Hz) set to 80? If all of these questions are 'yes' then give them a try.
    I just purchased a AVR with THX and am trying various sound formats...I have the above setup so it's fun to try all the choices. You paid for them.

Thread Information