Talking Just pick up a 20 inch Flat TV for $119 at K-mart.

The name is CurtisMathes, but it is actually a Samsung TV. It have the same remote and On Screen Display as Samsung, and I could get into Service Mode using Samsung's "secret" Codes. The regular price was $179, and it is on clearance for $119.

The picture quality and geometry is right on the mark, albeit slight Red color push and over scanning which will be cured thru Service menu in due time.

The similar Samsung 20 inch model (with side speakers) selling at Bestbuy for $199.

http://www.curtismathes.com/inner.asp?pid=32

Forum Regular
    Nice...but 20"? Most people I know these days are using 20" monitors on their PCs.

Not me, since I'm an iBook owner...but ya know what I'm getting at...
    Warning: My advice is based on what little experience I have under my belt, building on the last 5 years, and is in no way intended as scientific facts. Please also consider that, like the average human being, I may tend to be a bit bias toward my own personal preferences in audio. Use your own judgement and common sense, and please always listen for yourself. If it sounds good to you, the hell with what others say.

Thumbs up This TV makes a perfect Kitchen or Bedroom set.

I am planning to put it in the Computer room [which is rather small], since current TV in there is 27 inch and a space hog. Space is premium

Forum Regular
    Call me overkill, I guess.
    Warning: My advice is based on what little experience I have under my belt, building on the last 5 years, and is in no way intended as scientific facts. Please also consider that, like the average human being, I may tend to be a bit bias toward my own personal preferences in audio. Use your own judgement and common sense, and please always listen for yourself. If it sounds good to you, the hell with what others say.

Thread Information