Forum Regular

bluray+pandora+7.1 outs+SACD=cannot find

I am looking a player that will do the above, have streaming for pandora, have 7.1 outs so I can hook it up to my non HDMI process and play sacd.

is there any out there that can do this? I hear the OPPO 93 can but not sure about pandora they say it can stream netflix maybe they will add pandora?

thanks

Forum Regular
    My Panny BD80 ( less than a year old ) has the analog outs and it streams Amazon movies via a cheapo wired cat5 cable from my router. Analog outs are getting very rare these days and will soon be unavailable.

The quality of a wired cat5 cable is superior to wireless and long runs are cheap without any signal loss.

Forum Regular
    If you want SACD I'd go with a dedicated SACD player rather than a universal.

Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    If you want SACD I'd go with a dedicated SACD player rather than a universal.
    The only problem with that is that very few (if any...I don't know of one) processers will have dual sets of multichannel analog inputs. So without a universal player it's either BluRay audio or SACD. I was all set to order an Oppo universal player because I'm in the same situation, only to find out they don't have anything available right now because of the 93 coming out. Should be nice, but I wanted the BDP-80 which was around $249.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    The only problem with that is that very few (if any...I don't know of one) processers will have dual sets of multichannel analog inputs. So without a universal player it's either BluRay audio or SACD. I was all set to order an Oppo universal player because I'm in the same situation, only to find out they don't have anything available right now because of the 93 coming out. Should be nice, but I wanted the BDP-80 which was around $249.
    Warning: thread hijack occurring. What a welcomed blast from the past. N. Abstentia, you are living up to your name on this site. It is good seeing your name again, and your opinion as well!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Warning: thread hijack occurring. What a welcomed blast from the past. N. Abstentia, you are living up to your name on this site. It is good seeing your name again, and your opinion as well!
    Yeah sorry I haven't been very active lately. Bass guitar has has been my hobby here of late, and the only thing I'm even remotely thinking about upgrading on my home theater is my BluRay player because I sure miss my SACD's!

Forum Regular
    The dedicated Sony CE595 sacd player is inexpensive, well reviewed and has 5.1 analog outs.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    The dedicated Sony CE595 sacd player is inexpensive, well reviewed and has 5.1 analog outs.
    The problem is, where will you hook up the ol' BLURAY?
    Best thing is to toss Pandora for the time being, there are other ways to stream it,
    and get (if you can) something like an Oppo universal player.
    Only thing that will do, sometimes compromise is warranted .
    FACED a similar problem awhile back, just settled for two channel SACD(preferred that anyway) and used the 7.1 in's on my old receiver, it was compromises like that that finally made me toss it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Forum Regular
    I just got the panasonic blu ray player BD 85 I believe is the model and it supports pandora, netflix, youtube and a few other apps as well.

It would be even better if they would allow you to create custom apps but I am pretty happy with what I have.

Forum Regular

update

thanks for all the input I did not make this clear but one of my main reasons for wanting a universal was to make my system even easier to use
    with a universal blu ray I get dvd/cd/bluray/scad and then I have my DISH also hooked up to my system

so to switch between any audio there are only two digital buttons to choose from on my processor so simple even the wife can use it (just kidding)

I will just wait for the new Oppo I think that is the best choice.

But actually with Pandora I am not sure how much we will be listening to the Sirius/xm on DISH any more

Another way to get Pandora and other web radio stations is with a dock and an iPod touch. Can't control it from a distance while docked, but it's good for running in the background.

As others have said, you might need to compromise and go with separate devices, since you won't get everything in one.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lomarica
    I am looking a player that will do the above, have streaming for pandora, have 7.1 outs so I can hook it up to my non HDMI process and play sacd.

is there any out there that can do this? I hear the OPPO 93 can but not sure about pandora they say it can stream netflix maybe they will add pandora?

thanks

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PHM9KK/...SIN=B002PHM9KK
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended
    OPPO has not announced all of it's streaming partners as of yet but hopefully Pandora will be one of them.

Cool

I REALLY don't understand why people need something like a BLU RAY player or TV to
    stream movies off of the net.Kinda like using a pogo stick to go to the store.
    Not when you can hook a computer to your system. Then you would have not just pay stuff
    like NETFLIX, PANDORA, but freebies as well. And you could use self same computer
    for storage of music and video. You can buy or build one cheap. If you are on this board
    you already have one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Thread Information