Thread: Infinity Primus

AR Newbie Registered Member

Infinity Primus

I am thinking of putting together a Home Theater System using Infinity copmonents. If I buy the Primus 250's, I can get the 150's thrown in for free.....My question is is that if I were to buy the PS12 Subwoofer as well on a seperate invoice, I can also get another pair of 150's thrown in for free....Should I attempt then to set up a 7.1 system or would it be smarter to settle for a 5.1 system...Very new to Home Theater set-up here, any suggestions would be appreciated.....

According to Infinity's website, only one pair of free 150's are available per customer or address. I ordered mine through Crutchfield. They don't seem to have the same restriction. Ordered a pair of 360's and they sent two 150's free. Then I ordered the center and sub, on a new order, on the same day, and got two more free 150's. They all came in the same UPS truck. Frieght was about $30 total, no frieght, no tax, all with the original warranty.
    I like the 7.1 better that 5.1. It adds a little more to my enjoyment.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    That would be an excellent setup for not a lot of money, but if you're thinking that you've got to move on this right away or it'll never come up again, you're mistaken. Infinity has run this promotion at least twice within the past year. That being said, if I were in your situation I would go ahead and get them. Definitely recommend 7.1 if you watch movies and your room can accomodate it. As long as your room isn't TOO small, which I assume it isn't since you're getting a tower/bookshelf system with a 12" sub, and as long as your main listening position is not right against a wall, you would see a lot of benefit from 7.1.

Edit: I just noticed you didn't mention getting a center speaker - do you already have one, or did you just not mention it?

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks GMike for that info on Crutchfield and how you had success in doing what I want to...You beat me to the punch....lol

And Thanks David for letting me know that if I miss this deal this time around, most likely it will be run again....We are puttin on an addition with a full basement. It measures out to between 15 - 20 feet wide by a little over 30 feet long......My hope is to finish that area to use approximately half as a Home Theater area, concentrating more on turning it into a Movie and Television, (Sports), system than for Music. The other half or so, I will use for a gaming area. We have a Air Hockey Table as well as a Ping Pong Table....etc.....Throw in an Old Pin Ball Machine and Popcorn Maker and were in business....lol...... No, I don't have a Center Speaker yet but will most likely get the Primus C25 to complete that speaker end of the system.....

Thanks again for your input and trust me...I will be back to get recommendations on receivers.....I am seeing here that Denon seems to be a popular model in that area....

Quote Originally Posted by jacin
    Thanks GMike for that info on Crutchfield and how you had success in doing what I want to...You beat me to the punch....lol

And Thanks David for letting me know that if I miss this deal this time around, most likely it will be run again....We are puttin on an addition with a full basement. It measures out to between 15 - 20 feet wide by a little over 30 feet long......My hope is to finish that area to use approximately half as a Home Theater area, concentrating more on turning it into a Movie and Television, (Sports), system than for Music. The other half or so, I will use for a gaming area. We have a Air Hockey Table as well as a Ping Pong Table....etc.....Throw in an Old Pin Ball Machine and Popcorn Maker and were in business....lol...... No, I don't have a Center Speaker yet but will most likely get the Primus C25 to complete that speaker end of the system.....

Thanks again for your input and trust me...I will be back to get recommendations on receivers.....I am seeing here that Denon seems to be a popular model in that area....

Here's a suggestion, use one primus 150 for the center and use the other 150 for 6.1 surround. The diff between 6.1 & 7.1, will be non-existant since your room is 20' wide. If you have room, stand the center (150) upright and angle it downward toward your listening area. I use an old DVD case to promp the rear of the center. This may even sound better than the dedicated center Infinity sells. The front array match will be seemless and sound awesome. Now, what are you serving us for refreshments? (let us know how it turns out)

Thread Information