Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardGein
    First off your link wasn't to an auction site but to someone who posted something up on a board with no background (ie feedback history etc.) selling a denon 3801 in good condition that doesn't include a remote and instruction book.

That and 50 cents will get you on a subway. Dude, I really don't know what your problem is but you sometimes open your mouth just to make people look bad without any support behind what you say.

In regards for the Denon 3801 being old worthless etc., keep dreaming.

I'm not even going to get into a debate on this. I don't understand how this board deteriorated so much in the past year.
    past year?
    huh?
    Time warp?

EdwardGein
    AR Regular
    Registered Member
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Hi GMichael,

I use to live in OC too (Port Jervis). Ever visit LongPlayer in Goshen? They have some realy nice stuff!

Forum Regular

Monitor Kick JSE OFF THE BOARD

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Your an idiot!
    Apparently these people think its OK to launch personal direct attacks, and they're obviously
    stupid as well- this person obviously hasn't gone to college and can't even think of an original rebuttal.

Anyway JSE I commend you for your total lack of intelligence.

Forum Regular
    Edward (or whoever you are) - In my opinion, anyone who begins a thread with name-calling is asking for ridicule and is begging to be labled a troll or worse. If you want to pat yourself on the back for making what you consider to be a great deal, fine. You could've done that without denigrating others. But it appears that you are compelled to belittle someone in the process. You might consider some professional help!

fergot... whasa XLR3?
    Regardless of all the nonsense, there is the other side of the coin.

I wouldn't really want to go list my item for sale with an auctioneer that creates an artificially low price environment, I'd go where I thought I'd get the most I could get. Why would anybody do that???

Mid-Fi
    1. $310 for 3801 is not bad. Good deal, I would say. Congratulation!

2. Putting your highest offer that you are willing to spend at last minute so that the outbidded previous top bidder has no time to reponse and put higher offer, this, is already commonly used trick in Ebay nowadays. You won the auction maybe is just because you are lucky that no one else is more eager to buy the item or other bidder just want to " Steal More" than you.

3. There is $350 "buy it now" price for 3802 there for a while. You did get an about $40 cheaper deal, but don't be too excited and think other bidders are "xxxxx". Be nice. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
    Hi GMichael,

I use to live in OC too (Port Jervis). Ever visit LongPlayer in Goshen? They have some realy nice stuff!
    Hi Pete,
    I haven't been to LongPlayer yet. But they are on my list. There's a place in potown that sells Sunfire amps and subs. Also a few places in Westchester County that sell maggies and other fun products. It's been a long time sense I was into stereo as much as I am becoming now. I have a lot of catching up to do. If I remember correctly, Carver was the big gun back then when it came to amps. I see the name Carver on the Sunfire line. Any relation?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    I'm sure the 3801 was at least a decent deal- I'm glad you're happy- isn't that's why we are all interested in this HT hobby, to make ourselves happy? I certainly hope so, however, I see some people get a thrill by trying to be better than others. To each their own. This is definitely not the place to launch attacks on each other. It's sorta funny because if you react emotionally to an attack (like a lot of people did here), you're falling right into the posters plan. I feel people like Hershon/Edward/Hershon/Edward or his brother with the exact same equipment (that personality I think is my favorite), just get a kick out of pushing all of our buttons- people like attention and they'll do anything to get it.

I went to the Cubs/Sox series here in Chicago this past weekend and the Sox fans acted similarly to Edward/Hershon- instead of routing for their own team and being proud they have the best record in baseball, they cut down the Cubs and their mediocre .500 record.

Hershon/EG- Just be happy about your equipment. I think you owe a lot to this board- NA said it perfectly when he said you went from a $199 receiver/toaster (good one by the way- made me laugh out loud) that you thought was the best to a better 3801.

I'm sorry to hear that this board isn't as enjoyable for everyone as it used to be- I know for a fact that many people helped me with my questions and issues- I definitely learned a lot this past year or so.

Regardless, I like to laugh at some of the interesting people here. Sometimes I wonder what type of work everyone does because for some I have no idea how you make a living.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    past year?
    huh?
    Time warp?

EdwardGein
    AR Regular
    Registered Member
    BAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA......

okay im done.

that was great!

I can't possibly imagine who would voluntarily give you 60.00 for that piece of crap remote. Sorry but even the staunchest of Denon fans will agree with that. I guess people lose them/break them and in order to gain functionality may need a replacement. It certainly isn't worth anywhere near 60 bucks though.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Hi Pete,
    I haven't been to LongPlayer yet. But they are on my list. There's a place in potown that sells Sunfire amps and subs. Also a few places in Westchester County that sell maggies and other fun products. It's been a long time sense I was into stereo as much as I am becoming now. I have a lot of catching up to do. If I remember correctly, Carver was the big gun back then when it came to amps. I see the name Carver on the Sunfire line. Any relation?
    I was there only once, way back in the late 80s. That's where I 1st heard Martin Logans, then somewhere else here in NJ 2 years back - then I picked up a used pair that same year. It's a real nice store (at least when I was there).

Yes, Sunfire is designed by Bob Carver. But I think here in the US, the only Carver brand stuff is DJ or professional gear (not really sure....yes they are, just did a quick search). They are also a division of Phoenix Gold (high end car audio) - I have some of their amps.

http://www.carverpro.com/

Forum Regular

Jasmit Thank You I Think I'll Change Because Of You I See the Light

Quote Originally Posted by jasmit
    Edward (or whoever you are) - In my opinion, anyone who begins a thread with name-calling is asking for ridicule and is begging to be labled a troll or worse. If you want to pat yourself on the back for making what you consider to be a great deal, fine. You could've done that without denigrating others. But it appears that you are compelled to belittle someone in the process. You might consider some professional help!
    The world needs more self righteous types like you. I've seen the light. In your vast wisdom can you please point out who on this board I specifically denigrated (your words). On the other hand, I see denigrated words specifically directed at me. But in your self righteous world
    "I am the person who needs professional help" and these other people are contributing members of society. Look in the mirror hypocrite. Grow up and get a life.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
    I was there only once, way back in the late 80s. That's where I 1st heard Martin Logans, then somewhere else here in NJ 2 years back - then I picked up a used pair that same year. It's a real nice store (at least when I was there).

Yes, Sunfire is designed by Bob Carver. But I think here in the US, the only Carver brand stuff is DJ or professional gear (not really sure....yes they are, just did a quick search). They are also a division of Phoenix Gold (high end car audio) - I have some of their amps.

http://www.carverpro.com/
    Way cool. Thanks, I'll read up.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Some might be under rating this reciever. Seems i remember reading that its was a better reciever then the next year 3802. 3801 seems to have just about everything the new Denons have so it seems like a pretty good deal for under $400.
    Look & Listen

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    the horror...the horror...

JSE
    and can't even think of an original rebuttal.
    Nope, just an appropriate rebuttal.

JSE

Forum Regular
    The world needs more self righteous types like you. I've seen the light. In your vast wisdom can you please point out who on this board I specifically denigrated (your words). On the other hand, I see denigrated words specifically directed at me. But in your self righteous world
    "I am the person who needs professional help" and these other people are contributing members of society. Look in the mirror hypocrite. Grow up and get a life.
    If you'll re-read my post, you'll see that I did not say that you denigrated anyone on this board. Your first post in this thread began by calling people idiots who didn't happen to bid like you. Again, if you think your bidding methodology was brilliant -- well, bully for you. But it was unnecessary to characterize everyone who is not as brilliant as you think you are as idiots. It was a gratuitous, troll-like comment that begged for the kind of replies that you got. Any subsequent criticism by forum members was brought on by yourself. It's like you are calling in artillery strikes on your own position and wondering why you are being bombarded.

Forum Regular

If the show fits wear it

If when I call a group of people that have nothing directly to do with this board, "idiots", if they are insulted by that then if the shoe fits wear it. Alot of you are a bunch of hypotcritical politically correct puzzys.

fergot... whasa XLR3?
    I wouldn't worry it about all that much folks. I know I'm often an idiot and I also know I'm also often right, frequently simultaneously, and so are you IMO. Get over it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information