rhk
    Forum Regular

yamaha rxv 4600 and 2600

hi,
    i am currently using a denon avr 3803 and was considering buying the yamaha receivers, either the rxv 4600 or the rxv 2600. has anyone used these receivers, and would recommend one over the other ? The yamaha site shows that the 2600 has the feature of " deinterfacing and scaling upto 1080i/780p" which is not present on the 4600, the other features remaining similar( except for price!)

Quote Originally Posted by rhk
    hi,
    i am currently using a denon avr 3803 and was considering buying the yamaha receivers, either the rxv 4600 or the rxv 2600. has anyone used these receivers, and would recommend one over the other ? The yamaha site shows that the 2600 has the feature of " deinterfacing and scaling upto 1080i/780p" which is not present on the 4600, the other features remaining similar( except for price!)
    Consider budget and use. If money is an object then you'll probably get all you need out of the 2600, but if money is no object and you have specific uses in mind that only the 4600 can fulfill, then there you go. Sorry, I can't be more specific, but guidelines can still be useful.

The big gain from the 4600 would be it's stronger power supply. It is stable below 4 ohms and will put out more amps. If your speakers are rated at 4 ohms and/or have a low efficiency then you'll want the 4600. If your speakers are rated 6 or 8 and have a high efficiency of say 89 or above then the 2600 will be more than enough.

Hope this helps some.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    What's the reason for replacing the 3803? Just wondering. Is it just upgrade-itis?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z
    What's the reason for replacing the 3803? Just wondering. Is it just upgrade-itis?
    Good question. Not much of an upgrade to go from the 3803 to either the 2600 or 4600. The HDMI conections and upconversion maybe. But I don't think it's really worth it yet.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

But he'll be living in the yabba-dabba-do land of Yamaha instead of the dark, dungeonous world of Denon.

Thread Information