Forum Regular

Question HT speaker setup questions

I am trying to set up my home theater and have some questions regarding speaker placement
    1. How high can I place my speakers? I read online that front are supposed to be at ear level and rear above ear ... can I just "point" them but place them above ear level? ... I have a hyper dog and she'll probably attack the speakers if they arent almost to the ceiling.
    2. Do my front speakers face straight out from the wall or do they point at center of sound stage? rear speakers?

Thanks

eqm
    1. They should be fine if you point them at where your head will be positioned when you're sitting on the couch. if you go too far away, you could have some weird dynamics when you have things panning from left to right on the screen. Use of a setup disc such as AVIA or Digital Video Essentials can help GREATLY.

2. The sounds emitted from the tweeter, and much of the midrange are very directional (as compared to the bass from the subwoofer), and for best overall sound should be pointed toward the listening position. Once again, use a setup disc!

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by mohakky
    I am trying to set up my home theater and have some questions regarding speaker placement
    1. How high can I place my speakers? I read online that front are supposed to be at ear level and rear above ear ... can I just "point" them but place them above ear level? ... I have a hyper dog and she'll probably attack the speakers if they arent almost to the ceiling.
    2. Do my front speakers face straight out from the wall or do they point at center of sound stage? rear speakers?

Thanks

Thread Information