Forum Regular

How do I get rid of mediafastclick.net popups!

I have both an excellent Norton Security firewall and popup blocker as well as google popup blocker yet somehow I keep getting popups from mediafast(different number each time)fastclick.net In other words I'll get media20fastclick.net and at a later time media54fastclick.net, infinitum. Because of the number witching the fact that I put mediafastclick.net in my blockers doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Forum Regular
    check your add remove programs see if they have anything in there. if so delete it.

or try going to start - search - files and folders- type in the crap that keeps popping up and try to find a folder in your comp, if so delete it.

Download Ad-Aware 6.0 from Lavasoft (it's free) and run a scan and delete the garbage. A lot of the ad/spyware puts itself in your registry so even if you delete it from your desktop it'll reappear the next time you go online. And forget about manually deleting it from the reg. edit. . . . you'll be there all night and you'll end up getting most of it back again since it's getting through your firewall. Ad-Aware will prevent much of it from getting back in, though you'll still want to run a scan every week or so.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Thread Information