Forum Regular

How Do I Copy DVD Sound to a CDR?

I have a recording of something on a DVDR and I'd like to transfer the audio portion to a CDR.
    Can someone please tell me how to do this on the computer & what files to transfer from the DVD? Thanks for any help

As far as I know dvd's are 24 bit. A cd is 16 bit so you will lose some info. You simply wire the analog output from dvd player using RCA interconnects that have a stereo mini-plug on one end to the sound input on computer. I use a computer soundcard but your onboard computer soundcard should have an input.
    Then you need a music recorder, I use Data Becker, but they are no longer in business. You should be able to download one. Then you hit play and record the the track with the recorder. Save the song to your hard drive and burn it to a cd-R.

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...actor_343.html

There is a shareware program called DVD Audio extractor. I've used on a very limited basis and it works fine for me.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Forum Regular

Thanks Wireworm (Great Picture) & Jim Clark

Thanks for your help Right now I'm trying Audio Extractor on a free trial basis and its perfect for my needs. If I can return the favor, don't hesitate to ask.

Believe it or not, I know this sounds insane, but I'm trying to use this and a program called Cool Edit to check for what I believe to be a legitimate EVP. This is when Ghosts try to communicate on electronic sound devices- there was a sucky movie about that starring Michael Keaton. I've had some weird things happen in my apartment since I moved in, I admit this could be my imagination & yesterday believe it or not while I taped on my DVR a show called "Ghost Whisperer"- so so show series about Ghosts, at about 53 minutes into the show there was a weird electronic noise and actual weird white things for about 2 seconds. I also had this taped on my other DVR so its on both of them at the same moment. I haven't erased them from my DVR but I recorded the selection onto a DVDR from my DVD recorder. Now I'm trying to see if this was just a weird burst of electricity or something else. I'm using Cool Edit on a trial basis and seeing if I can actually get something out of this, albeit I don't know what I'm doing on Cool Edit. If anyone has ever done anything like this let me know & I welcome any suggestions. Unfortunately, until I see otherwise, I'll just conclude that something not related to ghosts happened to the signal.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    I use
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac3dec
    You run it on the files you extract with a DVD ripper. You choose your output format. This one's free, but Mac/Unix based.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardGein
    Thanks for your help Right now I'm trying Audio Extractor on a free trial basis and its perfect for my needs. If I can return the favor, don't hesitate to ask.

Believe it or not, I know this sounds insane,...

1. No sweat, that's what the board is here for. I gave up on trying to be actually helpful many years ago for a variety of reasons. Anything I can do requires very little effort on my part : )

2. Uh, yeah, that does sound insane. Prolly best to keep that to yourself...
    Just remember, it's only a movie.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Thread Information