Forum Regular

Home Theater Suggestions

I want a home theater system (receiver and speakers) for $1,000.00 to $1,500.00. Here is what the sales guy at ultimate electronics want to sell me for $1,500.00

Denon AV-484
    Klipsh RF-15 x2, RC-25, and RS-25 x2

Any suggestions?

I have been looking at the Panasonic SA-HE100 receiver and possibly buying speakers seperately. I don't think I would buy the set up from the store anyway as online is much cheaper.

I am new at this and would love any help I could get. Until recently, I had my heart on a BOSE Lifestyle system, but have seen HORRIBLE reviews of it.

Thanks,
    Allen

Quote Originally Posted by chakotay2
    I want a home theater system (receiver and speakers) for $1,000.00 to $1,500.00. Here is what the sales guy at ultimate electronics want to sell me for $1,500.00

Denon AV-484
    Klipsh RF-15 x2, RC-25, and RS-25 x2

Any suggestions?

I have been looking at the Panasonic SA-HE100 receiver and possibly buying speakers seperately. I don't think I would buy the set up from the store anyway as online is much cheaper.

I am new at this and would love any help I could get. Until recently, I had my heart on a BOSE Lifestyle system, but have seen HORRIBLE reviews of it.

Thanks,
    Allen
    Your heart can have Bose, but for god sake, give your ears and brain quality equipment. You're working with a decent budget and the first thing you may want to do is break down your budget: how much for the receiver, speakers, and necessary cables. For instance, shope Denon, Yamaha, and Harman Kardon for their receivers priced in and around $400. Spend the majority on decent quality speakers: Energy, Polk, JBL, Paradigm, and even B&W produces entry level speakers (just to name a few). And then make sure you have enough left for the cables. Try to listen to as much equipment as you can in environments close to your prospective home theater room and don't forget to have fun at it.

Happy hunting

Forum Regular

Specifics

Quote Originally Posted by paul_pci
    Your heart can have Bose, but for god sake, give your ears and brain quality equipment. You're working with a decent budget and the first thing you may want to do is break down your budget: how much for the receiver, speakers, and necessary cables. For instance, shope Denon, Yamaha, and Harman Kardon for their receivers priced in and around $400. Spend the majority on decent quality speakers: Energy, Polk, JBL, Paradigm, and even B&W produces entry level speakers (just to name a few). And then make sure you have enough left for the cables. Try to listen to as much equipment as you can in environments close to your prospective home theater room and don't forget to have fun at it.

Happy hunting
    Okay thanks for the reply. I am looking for more specific recommendations on equipment. (Model #'s etc.)

Forum Regular
    A HT is comprised of a receiver, speakers, and subwoofer. You will be looking at an entry level receiver. The size of the HT room, including any openings into other rooms, will dictate how powerful a subwoofer you will need. You may consider going with something like the Rocket ELT bundle and upgrading the sub to the UFW-10.

Thread Information