AR Newbie Registered Member

hitachi lcd projection tv ?

hello all!
    I have a question about a hitachi tv, i was looking at buying the 50vg825 lcd tv.
    So i went to my local av store where i got my speakers from, they sell hitachi tvs.
    But they did not have that model, instead the sales man instantly brought me over to the 50vx915 directors model. He was trying to tell me it was a better monitor, but from thier website it seems that it is an older model....

for example the vg has 24bit/68 billion colors were the vx has 1.07 billion colors.
    and the vg has 1080p || and the vx has just 1080p
    but..
    the vg only has usb where the vx has firewire!(I will prob never use these)

So how does one tell which model is newer??
    Later i found the vg model at american, so i can not compair them together.
    I know its all up to MY tastes, i have read that alot on here. In the end it is up to what i like. But for right now i just care about the facts. which one is better, and possible why? and has anybody else bought one of these?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Yamaha htr 5460 reciver
    toshiba dvd
    marantz 5 disc changer
    fronts: studio 40's
    center: studio cc
    rear: studio 20's
    sub: pdr15

Forum Regular
    both are current models with the directors series as thier top of the line. the 915 will be phased out and replaced with 60" and 70" LCoS models with a native rez of 1080p sometime early 2006. The VG model will continue until further notice

AR Newbie Registered Member
    So is it not a wise time to buy hitachi tvs at this time? if they are coming out with a new model, do you recomend waiting until they do?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Yamaha htr 5460 reciver
    toshiba dvd
    marantz 5 disc changer
    fronts: studio 40's
    center: studio cc
    rear: studio 20's
    sub: pdr15

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tick
    So is it not a wise time to buy hitachi tvs at this time? if they are coming out with a new model, do you recomend waiting until they do?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    models will continue to change thru out the year (2006 ), sometimes alot quicker depending on the latest technology and other factors; sometimes going with the latest and greatest is not always the best idea ( all the bugs may not be worked out); so to answer your question- i would go with the best that i could afford NOW

Thread Information