Thread: Help!

Forum Regular

Help!

I just got a new yamaha rxv1300 receiver,after not having surrond since 10 years ago with pro logic. I dont understand about the hookups? i have a standard tv with three rca plugs for video input on the back, and one coaxial for ant. Dont have any S video or optic connector. So how do i connect the tv to the receiver to watch dvd movies and see OSD from receiver?? dont understand how all this works? My dvd player i have an optic cable on it to the receiver. Thanks if anyone can help

Quote Originally Posted by madmax1
    I just got a new yamaha rxv1300 receiver,after not having surrond since 10 years ago with pro logic. I dont understand about the hookups? i have a standard tv with three rca plugs for video input on the back, and one coaxial for ant. Dont have any S video or optic connector. So how do i connect the tv to the receiver to watch dvd movies and see OSD from receiver?? dont understand how all this works? My dvd player i have an optic cable on it to the receiver. Thanks if anyone can help
    Connect the video out to the dvd video input on receiver, you can also connect the left and right audio, but you don't need this since you have the optic cable going to receiver. Then connect the receiver to tv from monitor out to the video in on tv.

How old is your TV? If the advice form Wireworm5 doesn't help, you might need an RF modulator (aprox. $20 in stores)
    Thanks to 6.1, I now have more tolerance for people breathing down my neck...

Forum Regular

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wireworm5
    Connect the video out to the dvd video input on receiver, you can also connect the left and right audio, but you don't need this since you have the optic cable going to receiver. Then connect the receiver to tv from monitor out to the video in on tv.
    Thank you very much it worked!!

Thread Information