HDTV & DVR Audio Question

Printable View

• 07-26-2005, 12:15 PM
    EdwardGein
    HDTV & DVR Audio Question
    Is their a way to control the volume on your DVR and/or HDTV to prevent the volume surge when commercials come on? Will this affect the audio of the regular TV show your watching or just prevent the commercials from getting louder? I'm totally fed up as it feels like the 4th of July every time a commercial goes on. If this adjustment is a setting on one's TV and not the DVR, will that only affect the input the setting is made on? IE, if my TV is on Comt 2 & somehow there is a miraculous setting that prevents this volume surge, will my DVD which I play on Comp 1 be unaffected? Thank you for any help.
  • 07-26-2005, 02:43 PM
    eisforelectronic
    You could try switching the audio setting on your dvr to "fixed", if this is a Scientific Atlanta DVR that is.
  • 07-26-2005, 03:29 PM
    EdwardGein
    Thanks what Exactly does fixed do?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    You could try switching the audio setting on your dvr to "fixed", if this is a Scientific Atlanta DVR that is.

Thanks for info I'll try it as soon as I find out what "fixed" means. Thanks to you I got the Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD DVR from Time Warner which lets you make external copies and gets 5.1 sound. I don't understand why they didn't program the 8000 to do the same.