Talking Another one bites the dust!!!!

My latest victory over audio ignorance was a smashing success! A co-worker had about a $1,200 tax refund burning a hole in her purse and wanted a HT system. She was asking moi about "spam in a can" or HTIB. I said, "gimme that money and some time and I'll get you the hook up for the same change.. OR LESS!!!". She bit, what can I say... she's cheap and this is what I got her.

Onkyo 601 - Used ebay $377.00
    CSW Center channel plus- Used ebay $76.00
    HSU VTF-2 - Used ebay $391.00
    TV - She had
    DVD - She had
    Mains - ADS bookshelf $60.00
    Rears - D A's $25.00
    Misc cables and wire $80.00

Total (drum roll please)........... $1,009 give or take a root beer!!!!!

All this done with either ebay or my cast-off's and she's happy as a clam. It ain't the best HT I've ever done but it's better than any HTIB she or I have ever seen. All her friends and (the best test out there) the "neighbor kids" go "ooohhhh" and "ahhhhh". Another person saved from "chain store" ignorance. How ignorant? She had no idea what 5.1 meant. She never even knew what a subwoofer was!!!!

She thought the VTF was huge!!!! But I hid it next to a chair as an end table, put a doily on it and she was mollified. We did all of this in a very small living room. Luckily we were able to run wire through the floor and along the basement ceiling. She was a hell of a stickler for "visual conguity". The CSW center fit her TV like it was made for it. It's quite the low profile affair. She damn near had a orgasm when I slapped that puppy on top of ther TV. She'd seen my Klipsch C7 and had nightmares of something similar.

"Well my work here is done come along Squanto...
    HiHo Sliver!!!! OyVey!!!!"

Da Wiley Worfster

So Any Loving from this ordeal?

Just kiddin, you dont have to answer that....

Forum Regular
    Good job Worfster! Did ya keep the leftover $191 as payment for your services? Or at least a 12-pack. lol

You had me scared there for a sec. I thought you had done something insane and unthinkable like get married or sell your car or something like that! This board would not be the same without the Worfster harem lineup stories.

BTW, congrats on saving yet another unsuspecting consumer from the evils of McAudio. We all know it sounds decent, but really want to know what you got out of it! You expect us to believe that it was just the Worfster doing his civic duty?

Red face LOL, funny you should ask...

Quote Originally Posted by poneal
    Just kiddin, you dont have to answer that....
    I'd have been, as the drunk said in 4 wedding's and a funeral "in there" if Fran were about 15 years younger, 40 lbs lighter (negotiable but that's a subject for another day) and "playing for the other team" as Chef would say. Any one of these can be overcome, well maybe not the last one, but all three together spells "dealbreaker" for me. Thanks for the encouragement though...

Da Worfster

Talking Why O why Lord?!!! Am I beset with such friends!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    You had me scared there for a sec. I thought you had done something insane and unthinkable like get married or sell your car or something like that! This board would not be the same without the Worfster harem lineup stories.
    Married???!!!! Married???!!!!! Well I am living with my son's mum BUT!!! I ain't married. I'm doing Little League, PTA, school plays and the rest of that unmentionable stuff but my balls is me own!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    BTW, congrats on saving yet another unsuspecting consumer from the evils of McAudio. We all know it sounds decent, but really want to know what you got out of it! You expect us to believe that it was just the Worfster doing his civic duty?
    What, a token can't do his civic duty??!!!! What you talkin' bout Willis? LOL!!!! Yes I did it for nada, nuthin', bumkus, zilch, gratis, on the house, friggin' free!!! Fran's a friend, sides, it's nice to have teenager's staring at you in awe as you whip out your digital Rat Shack SPL meter and start makin out like Captain Kirk on the Enterprise.

Well I hope's that answer's that question....

Thanks Wooch!!!!

Da Worfster

Good job Worf

What are friends for if not free slave labor, right? Too bad she bats from the other side of the plate. Loved the tricorder joke!

The Masked Man of Audio rides again

A fierey horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty, ‘Hi Yo Silver!…It’s THE LONE RANGER. With his faithful Indian companion Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early west. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. The Lone Ranger rides again!

Don't ever hang up that mask.

Nice to see someone's paying attention out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Swerd
    A fierey horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty, ‘Hi Yo Silver!…It’s THE LONE RANGER. With his faithful Indian companion Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early west. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. The Lone Ranger rides again!

Don't ever hang up that mask.
    in radio land. Thanks for the love Swerd, thanks for the love!!!!!

Da Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Married???!!!! Married???!!!!! Well I am living with my son's mum BUT!!! I ain't married. I'm doing Little League, PTA, school plays and the rest of that unmentionable stuff but my balls is me own!!!!

What, a token can't do his civic duty??!!!! What you talkin' bout Willis? LOL!!!! Yes I did it for nada, nuthin', bumkus, zilch, gratis, on the house, friggin' free!!! Fran's a friend, sides, it's nice to have teenager's staring at you in awe as you whip out your digital Rat Shack SPL meter and start makin out like Captain Kirk on the Enterprise.

Thanks Wooch!!!!

Da Worfster
    Ah! Now THAT'S what I want to hear! The mom's got three strikes on her and doesn't carry a bat to the yard anyway, but the daughter's an all-star at the AAA level and is ready to step up to the big leagues. Good scouting! Much cheaper to develop homegrown talent than to sign expensive free agents anyway. Uh, wait I forgot, were we talking about baseball?

"She won't do it, but her sister will..." - ZZ Top

cam

Thanks Wooch!!!!

Da Worfster
    As Jim Rome would say, you whipped out your digital Rat Shack SPL meter and started makin out like Captain "Freakin" Kirk on the.............. OK I'm going over the edge here.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Nice deal!

My latest victory over audio ignorance was a smashing success! A co-worker had about a $1,200 tax refund burning a hole in her purse and wanted a HT system. She was asking moi about "spam in a can" or HTIB. I said, "gimme that money and some time and I'll get you the hook up for the same change.. OR LESS!!!". She bit, what can I say... she's cheap and this is what I got her.

Onkyo 601 - Used ebay $377.00
    CSW Center channel plus- Used ebay $76.00
    HSU VTF-2 - Used ebay $391.00
    TV - She had
    DVD - She had
    Mains - ADS bookshelf $60.00
    Rears - D A's $25.00
    Misc cables and wire $80.00

Total (drum roll please)........... $1,009 give or take a root beer!!!!!

All this done with either ebay or my cast-off's and she's happy as a clam. It ain't the best HT I've ever done but it's better than any HTIB she or I have ever seen. All her friends and (the best test out there) the "neighbor kids" go "ooohhhh" and "ahhhhh". Another person saved from "chain store" ignorance. How ignorant? She had no idea what 5.1 meant. She never even knew what a subwoofer was!!!!

She thought the VTF was huge!!!! But I hid it next to a chair as an end table, put a doily on it and she was mollified. We did all of this in a very small living room. Luckily we were able to run wire through the floor and along the basement ceiling. She was a hell of a stickler for "visual conguity". The CSW center fit her TV like it was made for it. It's quite the low profile affair. She damn near had a orgasm when I slapped that puppy on top of ther TV. She'd seen my Klipsch C7 and had nightmares of something similar.

"Well my work here is done come along Squanto...
    HiHo Sliver!!!! OyVey!!!!"

Da Wiley Worfster

What about timber matching!? LOL!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Forum Regular
    YES!! Hero's do excist!! Way to go Worfster!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    ...oh wellz...

Talking Philistine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    Ewwww that was a good one. Ahem pbbbbstttt!!!!! Tongue planted firmly in cheek. Timbre matching was the least of my worries with a post menapausal, errrrr woMAN standing over my shoulder, watching my every move and treating the whole affair as if we were painting a mural with speakers in it... LOL. timbre matching???!!! You're lucky I was able to convince her to let me use bookshelf instead of in-wall speakers!!!!!

Da Worfster

Thread Information