• Onkyo txsr605

0 0%
  • Pioneer elite vsx81

3 100.00%
  • Denon avr1907

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    AR Newbie Registered Member

Need some opinions, ready to purchase a receiver.

I have had my eyes on a few receivers lately, and I already have speakers so I need a receiver only. I lean towards SQ for my music more then video features, I also would like a receiver that has the ability to get very low. Here is what I have in mind:

1. Onkyo txsr605

2. Pioneer vsx81

3. Denon Avr1907

Anything else that you know of in this price range please included your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Forum Regular
    I heard the vsx 81 last winter in a store but only in stereo mode. If I had the money, this is the receiver I would have bought. I heard music pumped from a yamaha music server into this unit and the upper lines of Denon and Yamaha receivers. The sound was tepid from these units while the sound from the 81 sounded more like a Mac Intosh, yet IMHO better than a Mac. I could be wrong, but my brother was there with me and he thought the same thing. What I cannot vouch for is its surround sound capability though this unit comes with both the Freestyle and Sharc processor. The Sharc, used by Denon is defintely a great processor.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I have the step up Pioneer, the 84 series and like it very much. I tested it against many receivers for several months. I have Martin Logan speakers, and when I test them at full volume, they are clean. You want them to get very low...the LFE output is controlled by the receiver, but depending on the subwoofer or the front speakers and their dynamic range. I think they all will be simular. I tested mine against both the RXV2700 and the AVR3806 and the difference between mine was closer to the Yamaha. I liked the sound of Denon, but the reliability was suspect at the time?

Ok so I pretty much ruled out the denon, and you guy seem to be big on the pioneer. I have heard many times that the onkyo gets really low and has great bass and clarity. My question is will the pioneer match that?

Quote Originally Posted by Everymamizdream
    Ok so I pretty much ruled out the denon, and you guy seem to be big on the pioneer. I have heard many times that the onkyo gets really low and has great bass and clarity. My question is will the pioneer match that?
    What speakers are you using? Sub? We need more info.

Bose speakers and a dayton sub. Does anyone have some good prices on the mentioned receivers?

Forum Regular
    The ability to put out great bass and to go low is largely dependant on the sub,the speakers and the room. I doubt that there would be much difference between any of the 3.

bill
    Speakers-Jm Labs
    Disc player-Sim Audio Moon Calypso
    Pre-amp-Sim Audio P-5.3 SE
    dac= sim audio moon 300d

Amp-Sim Audio Moon I-3
    Display-Toshiba CRT
    Wires and Cables-Kimber,Straight Wire, ixos, Gutwire and shunyata research
    Sacd-Cambridge Audio
    Bluray--Sony and Cambridge Audio
    Remote-- Harmony 1100

Power-- Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Everymamizdream
    Bose speakers and a dayton sub. Does anyone have some good prices on the mentioned receivers?
    Just type it into Google and see what results you get. We can't do ALL the work for you. While we don't mind helping out, there are some things you need to check into yourself.

Thread Information