• 04-12-2011, 12:03 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BadAssJazz
    It finally has sunk in, just this very minute, that Pioneer Elite will never ever EVER bring back its KURO line of plasmas. Dude, that sucks. :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

    Gee, a receiver company making a monitor.
    That would be like a monitor company making receivers...oh, wait.
    ONE thing about Kuro, it had the right name. A CURIOUS product costing an arm and two legs, with a limited marked(people who pine away for a phosper based product), and
    limited distribution.
    Wonder it lasted as long as it did.:1:
  • 04-12-2011, 02:43 PM
    BadAssJazz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Gee, a receiver company making a monitor.
    That would be like a monitor company making receivers...oh, wait.
    ONE thing about Kuro, it had the right name. A CURIOUS product costing an arm and two legs, with a limited marked(people who pine away for a phosper based product), and
    limited distribution.
    Wonder it lasted as long as it did.:1:

    Whatever your misgivings about PE's marketing -- which by the way, is no different than any other company that targets a specific niche in the consumer base -- the overwhelming consensus at the time was that the KURO line yielded the best flatscreen performance nonpareil.

    Now I'm not recommending that if you're looking for clothes that you should ever go rummaging through a BestBuy warehouse. But if you're homeless and need temporary cover from the elements, while BestBuy doesn't sell homes or rent rooms -- and wouldn't be the best at it if it did -- you might find a cardboard box to sleep in if you're open to the possibilities.
  • 04-12-2011, 03:28 PM
    bfalls
    [QUOTE=pixelthis]
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bfalls
    NO reason To bE SOrry, evERYoNE HAS thE rIghT to theiR OPINION (OK now I have my eyes straight after reading your text).


    Or had a brief stay at the local "rest" facility for the mentally tired.
    MY "EXPERIENCE " with Sony receivers is a lot more than that unfortunately





    My one year old unit took a week to get back, cost me 125 bucks(plus shipping) and lasted about six months before it broke again.
    AND NO, Sony receivers are not "bad" receivers, they are worse. THEY ARE
    mediocre receivers, just good enough for the uninformed to be clueless as to what they're' getting. AHEM.
    BTW you had a problem, and I HAD A PROBLEM. Two out of two
    Out of all of my other receivers I have had two break, one being a Sony



    DENON has been known for their tuners. SONY receivers are known to have a bunch
    of stuff packed in, all right, like IC amps, cheap power supplies, etc.
    A friend recently blought an Onkyo for 350 bucks, has all of the stuff you mentioned,
    and one thing you didn't mention, the most important thing, mainly...
    THE SOUND. The sound of any given receiver from anybody beats the HTIB
    masqurading as a Sony reciever any day of the week.

    AS FOR SPRING TYPE BINDING POSTS, these are on the most cheap recievers,
    although they usually sound better than Sony



    I LIKE TO talk about mainstream gear, not stuff most won't ever see, much less buy.
    My favorite brand, B&W , has a NAUTILUS speaker that looks like a NAUTILUS
    shell. You have to get an audition to hear it. SOUINDS great, and has almost nothing to do with anything.



    CARBON FOOTPRINT? There is your problem, you live in a fantasy world, believing
    in chimera like global warming and other nonsense.
    Loyalty to your company is touching, really, but I consider the source.
    Anybody that has been hanging around this hobby (in my case over 40 years) for awhile
    can look at a Sony receiver and tell its quality pedigree by sight, but I would forgive the
    cheap construction if the sound was there, and it isn't. AND YOU KNOW IT.
    Sorry:1:

    I should nickname you "Charlie Brown" because whenever you talk all I hear is "mwaw, mwaw mwaw mwaw, mwaw mwaw, mwaw". Which actually has more value than what you've said. Yawn.

    I'm sure you also believe all amps (tube and solid state) sound the same, cryogenically-treated fuses in the power supply make your system sound better and the Easter Bunny is real (because Santa Claus told you so). Far and above anyone on this site, I value your opinion the least. At least Simon Cowell is controversial to get better ratings. You argue for the sake of argument. Only a single "Yank" this time, let's see what happens. Tag your IT!
  • 04-13-2011, 12:36 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BadAssJazz
    Whatever your misgivings about PE's marketing -- which by the way, is no different than any other company that targets a specific niche in the consumer base -- the overwhelming consensus at the time was that the KURO line yielded the best flatscreen performance nonpareil.

    Which proves an addition to P.T Barnum's statement "no one ever went broke
    underestimating the intelligence of the American public" that I like , mainly,
    but those trying to sell quality at high prices go broke all of the time.
    Not that the Kuro was high q, it was a plasma, after all.
    AND JUST BECAUSE SOMETHINGS EXPENSIVE, doesn't make it good by default.:1:



    Now I'm not recommending that if you're looking for clothes that you should ever go rummaging through a BestBuy warehouse. But if you're homeless and need temporary cover from the elements, while BestBuy doesn't sell homes or rent rooms -- and wouldn't be the best at it if it did -- you might find a cardboard box to sleep in if you're open to the possibilities.

    GOOD luck on that, as I stated earlier the flatscreen revolution now limits hobos to
    refrigerator boxes.:1:
  • 04-13-2011, 12:53 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    [QUOTE=bfalls]
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    I should nickname you "Charlie Brown" because whenever you talk all I hear is "mwaw, mwaw mwaw mwaw, mwaw mwaw, mwaw". Which actually has more value than what you've said. Yawn.

    I'm sure you also believe all amps (tube and solid state) sound the same, cryogenically-treated fuses in the power supply make your system sound better and the Easter Bunny is real (because Santa Claus told you so). Far and above anyone on this site, I value your opinion the least. At least Simon Cowell is controversial to get better ratings. You argue for the sake of argument. Only a single "Yank" this time, let's see what happens. Tag your IT!

    You don't know my "opinion", having stated several items that are contrary to what
    I believe, as anyone on this site could tell you, or if you actually read something of what I HAVE POSTED.
    You don't like what I say, fine, but how about reading it first?
    Solid state and tube don't sound the "same", tube is vastly inferiour, delusions
    of so called "audiophiles" to the contrary.
    AND "CRYOGENICALLY " TREATED FUSES? Using cryogenics to reduce the temperature of fuses would cause them to shatter, rendering them useless.
    JUST getting them cold would serve no purpose.
    AS for "SANTA", see the picture below, which I post all of the time.
    And I DON'T "ARGUE" for the sake of an argument, I state facts in order to counter
    the non scientific prattling and nonsense touted by those who ought to know better.
    And you "value" my opinion the least?
    THANKS. When the village idiot disagrees with you it means you're doing something
    right.:1:
  • 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    AND i do apologise for calling you the "village idiot", hes' a nice guy and I WOULDN'T WANT TO INSULT HIM. And yes, Santa is not real, beliefs of socialist democrats to the contrary not withstanding.
    SORRY.:1:
  • 04-13-2011, 04:37 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Pixie
    I state facts in order to counter
    the non scientific prattling and nonsense touted by those who ought to know better.
    And you "value" my opinion the least?


    Well, that's not entirely accurate.

    You tend to use a smattering of context-dependent factoids, theory, and opinion to reach broad conclusions.It's also your M.O. to do that directly after having said something remotely sensible.

    I'll give you an example: You express a distaste for Sony audio products. It is a provable fact that they have a higher than average failure rate, which you sort of cite. Further, it is the larger opinion that Sony frequently compromises sound quality in favor of supplying a gaggle of gadgets. All of this is, to a greater or lesser degree, documented so that when confronted by an opposing opinion you at least sound relatively sane.

    However, by using the same logic that one company that specializes in monitors has produced inferior audio equipment necessarily means that every other company must suffer the same inadequacies is logically inconsistent.
    The Pioneer Kuro has consistently tested at the top of class. I've spent time with one and can assure you that those models beat the living hell out of a majority of today's models hands down...lcd, plasma, dlp, or led.

    That your hatred of a specific technology makes you equate someone wo disagrees with you lower than the "village idiot" makes me question your grasp on reasoning.

    When you pulled the trunk on the ceramic elephant, did the light go on?
  • 04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
    BadAssJazz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    GOOD luck on that, as I stated earlier the flatscreen revolution now limits hobos to
    refrigerator boxes.:1:

    Ha! Ha! Well, I never said that one should limit themselves to a flatscreen box, now did I? If the refridgerator box suits...go for it. :thumbsup:
  • 04-13-2011, 07:33 PM
    bfalls
    Sorry Bobsticks, those are Pixie's words not mine, I've never used the word prattling, never had a Kuro, only a Pro-100 back in the day. Not sure how it happened, but you described his M.O. Nice analysis though.
  • 04-14-2011, 08:53 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Well......this thread went well...LOLOL

    Sticks, you summed it all up nicely, we can turn off the lights now.
  • 04-14-2011, 09:22 AM
    bfalls
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Well......this thread went well...LOLOL

    Sticks, you summed it all up nicely, we can turn off the lights now.

    Was the cause of the problem actually determined? I did have fun.
  • 04-14-2011, 09:28 AM
    recoveryone
    once the battle lines were drawn, the original issue went out the window about after the 5th post or so.
  • 04-14-2011, 09:28 AM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Well, that's not entirely accurate.

    Quote:

    You tend to use a smattering of context-dependent factoids, theory, and opinion to reach broad conclusions.It's also your M.O. to do that directly after having said something remotely sensible.
    Appreciate it if you could translate your gobbledegook yourself, left my universal translator on the Enterprize


    Quote:

    I'll give you an example: You express a distaste for Sony audio products. It is a provable fact that they have a higher than average failure rate, which you sort of cite. Further, it is the larger opinion that Sony frequently compromises sound quality in favor of supplying a gaggle of gadgets. All of this is, to a greater or lesser degree, documented so that when confronted by an opposing opinion you at least sound relatively sane.
    SORRY if you misunderstood. I don't have a "distaste" for Sony audio products, just the receivers. DO SOMETHING RIGHT or don't do it at all.
    Main thing is that their "ES"(elevated standard) line is presented as a cut above,
    while the only thing its a cut above is Sony's line of HTIBS pretending to be
    receivers. Kind of pretentious


    Quote:

    However, by using the same logic that one company that specializes in monitors has produced inferior audio equipment necessarily means that every other company must suffer the same inadequacies is logically inconsistent.
    DIDN'T SAY "MUST", just said they did

    Quote:

    The Pioneer Kuro has consistently tested at the top of class. I've spent time with one and can assure you that those models beat the living hell out of a majority of today's models hands down...lcd, plasma, dlp, or led.
    AND yet failed in the market. Good or bad, doesn't matter if it doesn't sell.

    Quote:

    That your hatred of a specific technology makes you equate someone wo disagrees with you lower than the "village idiot" makes me question your grasp on reasoning.
    You are lower than the "village idiot" if you claim not to agree with someone, then demonstrate that you haven't even read their posts. I just don't appreciate having
    a bunch of statements attributed to me that I don't even believe.
    Like tubes and solid state being the same. ANYBODY who has read my posts knows
    how much I hate the regressive tendencies of so called audiophiles in their love of antique gear.



    When you pulled the trunk on the ceramic elephant, did the light go on?

    MORE nonsense.
  • 04-14-2011, 09:45 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    AND yet failed in the market. Good or bad, doesn't matter if it doesn't sell.
    It did not fail on the market, and it did sell. I bought one. Pioneer PULLED it off the market when the price of panels began to fall. Pioneer is not a bottom feeder brand, which is probably why you have such little respect for its performance. As I have said many times, you are not interested in good quality performance...just cheap price.
  • 04-14-2011, 09:53 AM
    pixelthis
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    It did not fail on the market, and it did sell. I bought one. Pioneer PULLED it off the market when the price of panels began to fall. Pioneer is not a bottom feeder brand, which is probably why you have such little respect for its performance. As I have said many times, you are not interested in good quality performance...just cheap price.

    Oh, you bought one. NEVER MIND, it was a raging success, talky bought one.
    And the great maker of cheap plastic receivers is not a "bottom feeder" brand?
    DID YOU MAYBE think that the reason the Kuro failed is because nobodies (except maybe you) is dumb enough to buy a 5,000 item from a company that sold out to the mass
    market long ago and sells primarily sub five hundred dollar plastic gear?
    AND CHEAP PRICE and quality performance are not mutually exclusive .:1:
  • 04-14-2011, 09:56 AM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Well......this thread went well...LOLOL

    BECAUSE your participation was minor, probably


    Sticks, you summed it all up nicely, we can turn off the lights now.

    Try turning them on first.:1:
  • 04-14-2011, 11:13 AM
    bobsticks
    Oh Pix, don't get yer knickers in a bunch...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Pixelthis
    Appreciate it if you could translate your gobbledegook yourself, left my universal translator on the Enterprize

    Sorry, I used the English language without listing learning tools or reference material.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Pix
    SORRY if you misunderstood. I don't have a "distaste" for Sony audio products, just the receivers. DO SOMETHING RIGHT or don't do it at all.

    You also mentioned the speakers ( I believe there was a comment about a fat lady singing) making it plural.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Pix
    DIDN'T SAY "MUST", just said they did

    Actually what you said was:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pix
    Gee, a receiver company making a monitor.
    That would be like a monitor company making receivers...oh, wait.
    ONE thing about Kuro, it had the right name. A CURIOUS product costing an arm and two legs, with a limited marked(people who pine away for a phosper based product), and
    limited distribution.
    Wonder it lasted as long as it did

    Didn't someone mention somethng about broad conclusions? The devil's in the lack of details, eh?

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Pix
    AND yet failed in the market. Good or bad, doesn't matter if it doesn't sell.

    This is completely independent of your assertions.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pix
    You are lower than the "village idiot" if you claim not to agree with someone, then demonstrate that you haven't even read their posts. I just don't appreciate having
    a bunch of statements attributed to me that I don't even believe.
    Like tubes and solid state being the same. ANYBODY who has read my posts knows
    how much I hate the regressive tendencies of so called audiophiles in their love of antique gear.

    I'll agree that you have taken a no nonsense approach to your audio journey and have been a vocal opponent of "the regressive tendencies" of some...just not so sure someone who routinely engages in non fact-based generalizations and vagaries wants to call someone else "lower than the village idiot" for the sin of assumption.
  • 04-14-2011, 11:25 AM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    AND CHEAP PRICE and quality performance are not mutually exclusive .:1:

    Is that why the Funai went back, Hershon?













    (see how I did that? I used your own modus operandi against you)
  • 04-14-2011, 12:00 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Try turning them on first.:1:

    Pix, there are no lights on when dealing with you, and that is part of the problem. I was referring to the discussion.
  • 04-14-2011, 12:02 PM
    bfalls
    IIIIIII love it! He's like the toy chattering teeth, or the toy monkey playing the cymbals, you just wind him up and watch the fun. He can't help himself. Wait, I'm going to get some popcorn.
  • 04-14-2011, 12:12 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Oh, you bought one. NEVER MIND, it was a raging success, talky bought one.

    Your extremes are what make you such a buffoon.


    Quote:

    And the great maker of cheap plastic receivers is not a "bottom feeder" brand?
    Can you name a brand that does NOT use plastic in the construction of their receivers? Not all plastic is cheap right(wait, I don't expect an intelligent answer from you)


    Quote:

    DID YOU MAYBE think that the reason the Kuro failed is because nobodies (except maybe you) is dumb enough to buy a 5,000 item from a company that sold out to the mass
    market long ago and sells primarily sub five hundred dollar plastic gear?

    Once again(we know you are intelligence challenged)..the Kuro did not fail, it was pulled off the market. Do you have the capacity to know the difference?...wait, never mind we all know the answer to that. Most every CE manufacturer has products placed at different price points using different materials to meet that price point. Pioneer is no different. Just because the same manufacturer outsources its cheaper products, and makes its own quality stuff does not mean you should dismiss that manufacturers. They ALL do it. Sharp does it, Panasonic does it, Sony does it, and Pioneer did it.

    Quote:

    AND CHEAP PRICE and quality performance are not mutually exclusive .:1:
    Since you dwell in the former, and know nothing about the latter, excuse me if I take this comment with a bag of salt.
  • 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM
    pixelthis
    [QUOTE=bobsticks]Is that why the Funai went back, Hershon?

    The Funai went "back" because I got my original player to work.
    Which would you prefer, a player with an original list of 300$, or one that runs around 68 bucks?: A full chassis player of something resembling a cheap DVD player?
    Obvious to me, sorry if its not to you.:1:
  • 04-15-2011, 12:19 PM
    pixelthis
    [QUOTE=bobsticks]Sorry, I used the English language without listing learning tools or reference material.

    "Used"? More like bent it over and raped it.














    Quote:

    I'll agree that you have taken a no nonsense approach to your audio journey and have been a vocal opponent of "the regressive tendencies" of some...just not so sure someone who routinely engages in non fact-based generalizations and vagaries wants to call someone else "lower than the village idiot" for the sin of assumption.
    If your comprehension of "facts" were the standard, there wouldn't be any.

    AND AS FAR as "generalizations", every scientific law is a "generalization".
    Please try to keep up, thanks.:1:
  • 04-15-2011, 12:33 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    ]
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Your extremes are what make you such a buffoon.

    AND YOUR personality (or lack thereof) is what makes you so much fun to talk to


    Quote:

    Can you name a brand that does NOT use plastic in the construction of their receivers? Not all plastic is cheap right(wait, I don't expect an intelligent answer from you)
    This from a person who keeps harping about my lack of concern for "quality".
    HOW plastic is used is key. Pioneer goes way overboard, Sony is not much better.





    Quote:

    Once again(we know you are intelligence challenged)..the Kuro did not fail, it was pulled off the market. Do you have the capacity to know the difference?...wait, never mind we all know the answer to that. Most every CE manufacturer has products placed at different price points using different materials to meet that price point. Pioneer is no different. Just because the same manufacturer outsources its cheaper products, and makes its own quality stuff does not mean you should dismiss that manufacturers. They ALL do it. Sharp does it, Panasonic does it, Sony does it, and Pioneer did it.
    It was pulled off the market because it failed, do you understand that Pioneer is not
    a charity, and they like to make a profit?


    Quote:

    Since you dwell in the former, and know nothing about the latter, excuse me if I take this comment with a bag of salt.
    THIS FROM THE GREAT defender of plastic receivers
    Would it kill Pioneer to use some aluminum every so often outside of their "Elite" line?.
    Like below.:1:
  • 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Pix
    If your comprehension of "facts" were the standard, there wouldn't be any.

    AND AS FAR as "generalizations", every scientific law is a "generalization".
    Please try to keep up, thanks.:1:

    There are facts that I know and there facts that I do not know. I have suppositions and opinions. I try not to include the latter three in discourses on fact or the implication thereof. Clearly you have opportunities in this regard.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    "Used"? More like bent it over and raped it.

    Oh no, my friend, I engaged the language with a knowing glance and allowed for its coquettish response...I served the language an intricate but not ostentatious '91 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin, whispered things of great intimacy in the language's ear and lay in gentle repose until, trembling, the language succumbed in libidinous supplication.